NEED TO GET ORGANIZED?!
It seems around this time of year that I start thinking about doing a little cleaning out of my beauty products that I've been using during the hot, summer months and start gearing up my beauty regimen for the upcoming fall season. A lot of products that I tend do use during the summer months are not always that great for the cooler days of fall and of course there are the wonderful new season's colors and new beauty product out there to try ;) There are a few tips that I've picked up over the years that have made organizing my beauty items and tools a tad bit easier so I thought that I would share all those great tricks- plus an affordable option for helping you to get your organization started!
5 TIPS TO GET YOUR BEAUTY GEAR ORGANIZED FOR FALL:
- First things first!..go through your makeup and beauty products/tools that you've been using during and summer and decide what "goes and what stays". If the product is near it's expiration or has a thinner/"light", oil-free, or bronzing formula then toss the expired and put away the others! This will easily make room for new seasonal items and beauty products that you may have already stored up as well.
- Clean it up: do this BEFORE you put up what you have left and gathered up that you will be using for the upcoming fall and winter seasons- take products and items carefully and wipe them each down with a soft cloth like a baby wipe or makeup remover. Let all the items dry on a few paper-towels or a couple of regular bath towels.
- Don't forget: your beauty tools have a tendency to get dirty and you may want to swap out some depending on the products that you're ditching or adding! Once you have the set that you're going to be using for the season, give them a good washing and drying! I like using a spray-on dirt remover and then rising out each brush with cold water and letting them air-dry on towels overnight.
- Make sure that you have a great set of organizers :) This is really important as I've found out myself, that having a couple of good items in the least for organization can really help me out in seeing what I have. This will also help ensure that you can easily find what you're looking for and it will keep your beauty items from getting damaged too!
- You don't have to spend a ton of $$$: this is definitely easier than you might think! I've learned that it's not necessary to do this in order to be organized ;) I recommend something that's super affordable like London SOHO New York's cute organizers [check out my REVIEW of a recommended product from them below :) ].
THE BEAUTY CLOSET RECOMMENDS:
London SOHO New York
Love Fest Double Zip Organizer
This is the perfect addition to help haul your beauty essentials around or to store them at home. The super-cute design and great pockets with double zipper allows for on-the-go functionality without the high price. At just under $15, this affordable organizer makes it super easy and fun to organize all of your beauty items.
When looking at the front inside pocket- it's big enough for things like long mascaras and eye pencils, while the 2 bigger main compartments let you store just about anything :) What I really like about the double zipper function is that is splits the 2 sides of the organizer nicely, yet you can still store quite a bit in each side. As for the inside back compartment, it also contains the smaller inner-zipper container that you can store items like lip glosses and liners.
The zipper is well-made with an easy-grip end on the zipper which means you can easily open and close it too :) An added bonus with this affordable organizer, is the ability to clean it and wipe away dirt as it's made of easy-wipe coated canvas. If you're looking for an affordable gift for a beauty-lover, this is a great and inexpensive option for any age. It's also the perfect choice for yourself-especially if you're looking to get organized or you just want a change!