HAVE YOU EVER STRUGGLED WITH ACNE?!
I came across some information recently that I found to be very staggering: according to the NIH or National Institute of Arthritis & Musculoskeletal & Skin Diseases, an estimated 80% of all people that are between the ages of 11 & 30 years old, will have breakouts at some point in their lives. The Mayo Clinic advises that there are more than 3 million cases of acne a year in the United States!
If you've ever struggled with blemishes, breakouts, and keeping clear skin in general...you are DEF not alone- these unfortunate statistics show that quite well. There is some light at the end of the tunnel though for many and it often begins with how you cleanse you face and what products you are using. Pick a main concern- for me it's acne; find a cleanser that is void of harsh cleansing agents and stick with natural and organic ingredients. Try washing your face in the morning when you get up and before you go to bed.
Apply an acne treatment gel to the areas that you are prone to breaking out or might currently have a blemish. If all else fails, there's also another solution that if done properly and safely can eliminate pesky pimples and other blemishes that have already made a surprise visit! Check out The Beauty Closet's awesome guide and tips on how to utilize this vital skincare tool kit below:
BLEMISH KIT BASICS:
Start with a simple kit! Go for a tool kit that has the basics, but doesn't go overboard. It's easy to get carried away and harm your skin if you aren't careful- I would advise not to over-complicate things by snagging a kit that has more tools than you know what to do with! Complete Skin Solutions offers one- the 3pc Comedone Extractor Kit, that costs ONLY $7 at amazon.com with Prime Membership! :0
This 3-piece kit has everything you need, without spending tons of cash to do it :) Make sure to check out my review of this fantastic find below! As for the basic tools, you will want to make sure you have at least: a comedone extractor, a needle, blackhead extractor [sizes available: double, single, & fine], & a whitehead lancet.
ACNE KIT TIPS & TRICKS:
- Begin with a clean face- use a clarifying cleanser that's gentle and also has antimicrobial properties to ensure your skin is disinfected and properly cleaned!
- Disinfect your tools BEFORE and AFTER you begin! This is CRUCIAL! You don't want to end up with secondary bacterial infections due to non-clean tool usage :/
- I highly recommend beginning the process immediately following a warm to quick hot shower or steaming your face over some water boiling in a pot for up to 5 minutes. This opens up pores and allows for blemishes to be removed MUCH easier ;)
- The best way to utilize the extractor tools, is to gently press on one side and then slide the tool across and over the blemish to pull it out. It's similar to the motion of slicing butter on your toast [yes...yuck!] :p
- Avoid doing this before going out for a nice dinner for example or first thing in the am. before you head out for the day/to work/school,etc. You may get some skin irritation and/or redness when doing this, which is why I choose to do it at night before I go to bed.
- Don't overdo it! It's super easy to do, but try not to go overboard. If a blemish seems reluctant to extract, don't keep trying or force it. You will only cause more harm than good!
- Stick with quality, stainless tools that won't rust and can take wear and tear. You must disinfect the tools every time you use them and this will cause the cheaper, less-quality kits to start to rust & become damaged.
THE BEAUTY CLOSET RECOMMENDS:
Complete Skin Solutions
3 pc. Blackhead & Blemish Extractor Kit
There are times when I stray away from inexpensive products and it's mostly due to quality. With cheaper pricing, there often comes with it a more inexpensive materials and the craftsmanship is not always there. That is of course, not necessarily the case in all situations! Sometimes it takes a bit of hunting, but you can score quality beauty items at decent pricing ;)
This is DEF one of those cases and why this 3pc. Blackhead & Blemish Kit from Complete Skin Solutions is one of my top picks of the year! Not only does this kit exemplify excellent quality, but it's easy to use and inexpensive- plus it has the perfect set that includes all the right tools to get you started.
The pink felt case makes keeping the set together a cinch and has a clear snap-on cover that keeps them clean and all into place. Each tool is well-made and won't warp or bend- even with decent pressure or at different angles. If you've been seeking a great beauty tool to add to your skincare routine that won't cost you and arm-and-a-leg, this is the kit for you :)