Travelling for the Holidays..? Here are some beauty tips & tricks!
- Plan out your outfits beforehand w/accessories included! This will give you a great idea of the different makeup hues & color combos you'll want to take with you during your trip. If you take this approach, you will also be able to easily see how you can pair things down beauty-wise that you don't need. Try going for neutral tones & palettes for example, that go well with most outfits/looks & save space.
- Make a list of beauty "must-haves" that you just can't live without during your trip. Whittle your list down and try removing things that you really don't need. Here are a few of my top beauty must-haves for travel: resealable beauty/makeup remove wipes, travel-size shampoo & conditioner, leave-in hair moisturizing treatment, cotton balls, q-tips, bobby-pins, hair ties, facial & body moisturizer [travel sizes], mini travel-size brush kit, at least 2-3 eye shadow/makeup palettes, 3 lipsticks or lip glosses [or combination totally 3], foundation/primer/concealer [all sample and/or travel sizes], blotting papers, translucent face powder, lip & cheek tint, mascara, eyelash curler [there are travel versions from various brands avail], paddle hair brush, travel-size hair spray/styling spray & heat protecting serum, & flat iron.
- Skip bulky items that take up space like your hair dryer! You don't really need it :0 You can usually get by in most hotels and even motels by ringing the front desk or checking out your room-which may already have a hair dryer stocked up for you ;) If you're staying with family or friends, simply ask to borrow one if you absolutely need to use one. However, I've found that letting my hair air dry not only cuts down on frizz and stress that my hair is already going through during travel, I don't mind letting it air dry and then styling in the morning when I get up. Plus, I've save tons of storage space for other things :) I'd rather spend more time visiting than styling my hair!
- If you're not in to spending cash on a ton of travel-sized items that you feel you don't really need and/or you don't travel that often, then give a travel kit a try! These are designed with the traveler in mind as they usually contain a variety sizes and shapes of containers that you can fill up with your favorite beauty or personal care items so that you can take them with you wherever you go! Amazon for example, has a huge selection of super affordable options :)
- Give a beauty innovation a try! There are quite a few travelling beauty innovations out on the market that are not only inexpensive, but effective and well-designed. They are however, not always the easiest to find... but that's where The Beauty Closet comes to the rescue ;) Check out one of our top picks for beauty innovations from Sphynx, below:
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
The Anywhere 3 in 1 Portable Razor
Comes in 4 fun shades- pink, light turquoise, lilac, and black and affordable at around $15 ea.! What's so special about the Sphynx? For starters, it contains everything you need to achieve the perfect shave- wherever you are, without the mess, hassle, or additional products needed! Each Sphynx comes with a refillable water spray bottle, a moisturizing pre-shave bar, and two razor blades! The pre-shave bar is great at getting easy, mess-free hydration to even the most of delicate shaving areas and preventing razor burn and a smooth, clean shave.
The razor are also of decent quality and will get even the most difficult-to-reach areas too! As for the tiny spray bottle, it's easily removable and can be refilled with water for on-the-go use and prevents an unwanted mess during travel. It doesn't weigh all that much or take up a lot of precious space either, making it something that's easily portable in your overnight bag or purse, so it's accessible wherever you are :) Makes a great gift and perfect stocking-stuffer and at this price, you can afford to snag a couple as gifts and one for yourself! As a carry-on friendly item, this little portable beauty innovation truly is a great travel companion!
Be sure to use the current promo code available on the Sphynx site- you can snag $5 off of any razor purchase! Lastly, if you need to get refills, Sphynx offers those as well- for around $7.99 you can get 4 razor blades and one moisturizing pre-shave bar included in each pack and that's a fairly good deal as well. If you've been on the hunt for the must-have beauty gift for the traveler in your life or you've been seeking the latest travel beauty innovation and you don't want to break the bank...this is the product to give a try! You won't be disappointed and glad you snagged this perfect little travel buddy for the perfect on-the-go shaving experience anywhere you go :)