Quick & Easy Tips to Stop Dry Skin Dead In Its Tracks...Even During Winter!
- Skip on the ultra-long, hot & steamy showers, steam room/spas, and long stints inside of super warm, damp structures- like those who enjoy their homes a bit on the warmer side during the colder months and/or perhaps they like to have humidifiers as well. These are great for many, but this type of environment can also cause your skin to have quite the opposite effect: it will dry out and become cracked and stressed. Too much of a good thing can be detrimental and this type of ongoing exposure to the skin can cause the same type of unwanted effects.
- Add a daily supplement that can add the benefits of an additional tool to aid in helping your skin retain moisture and remain healthy- even during the harsher and sometimes more challenging Winter environment! One of my top picks: HUM Nutrition Red Carpet Hydration Supplement- includes 60 capsules for around $25!
- Snack on foods that aid in your body's natural hydration abilities- there are plenty fab foods available that not only taste great, but are readily available, even during the Winter :) Try: Oatmeal, nuts & seeds [like pumpkin seeds & roasted almonds!], figs, cherries, mangoes, citrus fruits, & grapes, ...even eggs!
- Forget the moisture-robbing beverages like coffee & soda- they won't aid your skin in retaining water :( Instead, go for drinks that help your skin look & feel hydrated and try: flavored sparkling water w/a sprig of citrus fruit, coconut water, freshly-squeezed juice, and freshly-brewed green tea.
- Immediately following a lukewarm shower or bath, apply a natural moisturizer- like sweet almond, avocado, argan oil and/or shea butter to the skin to seal in moisture and prevent further hydration loss.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil
[.45 fl oz.]*
Contains the natural oil of the sea buckthorn berry, which offers up one of the best Omega's there is: Omega 7! This awesome oil aids in providing rich nourishment and moisturization for the skin, while leaving it healthy for the tougher, colder season! Although a bright orange-have no fear, this powerful hydrating oil will not stain the skin :) Simply apply a few drop to areas that are rough and/or prone to getting dry and let it absorb into the skin, up to 20 mins. Feel free to gently wipe away any excess oil that has yet to fully seep into the skin after the 20-min. time-frame.
You do however, want to be aware that this oil can stain some fabrics so its best to wipe away any excess [ I just tend to start with 2-3 drops so I don't even have a need to wipe away a thing ;) ] before wearing clothing or getting near fabric so as to prevent possible staining. However, you can pre-treat any fabric that's been exposed to the oil by soaking the fabric asap in cold water and detergent for a few mins.
Massage into to the skin to aid in fully absorbing into the skin with little effort ;) You can even add this oil directly to snacks and raw foods- like smoothies [it is advised however, to avoid heating or cooking the oil] if you like or drop 1-2 drops directly into the mouth for a full daily internal use. This gives the added health benefits that sea buckthorn berry oil gives, such as: anti-inflammatory properties, cell, tissue, & mucous membrane nourishment, and gastro-intestinal relief.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Please consult your medical professional or doctor as not intended to diagnose or prevent any disease.