Get Your Beauty Sleep With These 5 Easy Tips:
- Start with good sleep! It really is true...skimp on your sleep and you're bound to suffer the consequences which include decreased focus & energy, increased irritability, and even physical symptoms like headaches and upset stomach. The average adult needs between 7.5-8 hrs. of sleep a night in order to maintain a proper sleep cycle.
- Get the right pillow! Make sure that you aren't going for the cheapest thing you can find or something that contains cotton fill for example, as it won't provide any sort of support! One of my top picks: The Floating Comfort Pillow, from Mediflow. This awesome pillow not only contains a unique blend of specialized fill and a water reservoir that provides the ultimate support, but they have real scientific backing to boot!
- Skip on the unusual sleep patters, sounds, and bright lights from things such as nightlights, computer screens, and headphones. There have been numerous studies showing that continual sounds and lights for example, tend to interrupt our REM sleep and do not allow us to stay in a deeper sleep, longer. Our internal clocks are also affected, which causes us to get less-quality sleep as a result.
- If you can avoid stimulants and other chemicals/compounds-especially in the 2nd half of your day...or @ least limit your intake, your are more likely to get a better quality of sleep. Things such as caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and even antihistamines can cause irritability and prevent good sleep- they can even keep you from falling asleep and staying asleep throughout the night.
- Drink a calming tea that aids in helping your sleep well, but from a natural perspective! You don't have to utilize chemicals and unsafe ingredients- or something addicting, in order to ensure you have a great night's sleep. One of my fav's: WelleCo's Sleep Welle Fortified Calming Tea. Find out more about this awesome tea below, in today's recommended product review!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
The Super Elixir
Fortified Calming Tea Caddy
w/50 Tea Bags
Absolutely love this tea! Comes nicely boxed with a pretty black ribbon around a matching box that encompasses the tea caddy. Inside the caddy, there are 50 tea bags [@ 2 bags per. serving that's 25 cups!] and although the scent of the tea bags is definitely noticeable its not something that you actually notice once you make it. The unique blend of skullcap, Valerian root, and hops make for a one-of-a kind calming tea that actually works :)
I don't always fall asleep easily and especially after a long hard day at work for example, I love to make myself a cup about 30-45 mins before I go to bed. Also packed with Passionflower, lemon balm, and natural lemon & mango flavors this pungent yet fantastic-tasting tea is tough to beat when it comes to taste or effectiveness. I'm super picky when it comes to tea- I don't care for cold teas at all and really just prefer hot teas and usually for bedtime.
That being said, I'm always open to giving a new one a try and this one peaked my interest due to its abilities to help me fall asleep. Helps you to de-stress, improve your sleep by stopping your mind from racing, and aids with balancing hormones as well; that makes this tea not only great for sleep, but helpful when dealing with stress or hormone imbalances- such as those women experience while going through menopause.
I absolutely adore the super cute caddy too! It's nicely made and curated out of glass and painted an attractive blue shade that makes it great for showing off in the kitchen too! If you've been on the hunt for a great gift for that beauty-lover in your life or for the upcoming holidays for that someone special, this would be an excellent choice that would be sure to impress!