Feb. 14th... It's Almost Here!
Since I won't be having a post come out tomorrow, I wanted to be sure and wish all of my followers and visitors alike a happy Valentine's Day! It's hard to believe that we are already in the middle of February, but it's really here :0 That being said, I thought it would be nice to share some of my Valentine's Day beauty tips & tricks + as an added bonus.... my top 5 Valentine's Day recommended accessories to help you get ready for the big day. Be sure to check those out and enter our special Valentine's Day giveaway for TODAY ONLY! We will be giving away a fabulous group of beauty fav's that have been featured and recommended here at The Beauty Closet!
Last-Minute Beauty Fixes:
- Quick mani or pedi gone wrong and look like a mess...or perhaps just needs a couple of areas repaired due to a non-perfect paint line? No problem! Give a correction pen a try! Julep's Clean Slate Pen is a great option and only costs around $10 :0 Each pen comes with 3 refill tips, with each tip fitting inside the pen that connects to a polish remover piece already inside the pen. This allows for the liquid to slowly be drawn up into the pen and into the replaceable slanted tip- which is perfect for easily getting into the cracks and crevices in your nails, removing any trace of excess polish :) The pen is also capped which allows for the product to keep and the other end is capped as well and contains the refill tips inside so they are never out of your reach when you need them. That makes item a perfect solution for the last-minute beauty fix before the big day!
- Teeth a little yellow or stained and not much time to remove before Valentine's Day? Try a teeth-whitening pen! For best results, start using up to 7 days leading up to the big day, applying daily and up to twice-a-day and can even be used to freshen teeth and breath after drinking coffee or lunch @ work for example! Great for on-the-go and fits in a tiny purse, making it great for date night this V-day too :) Snag at Sephora for $22! Low on cash and have some baking soda on hand? Apply a thick band of your daily toothpaste and a teaspoon of baking soda and brush normally and then rinse. Use every other day for up a to a week leading up to the big day and you will see a noticeable difference in stain reduction and improved teeth whitening!
- Don't have time or not way to get to the salon to get your hair or makeup done for Valentine's Day? No problem! Use an app for that! There are a few out on the market currently that offer up a variety of professional and salon style results from stylists that will come to your home too! Glamsquad is one of my top picks- you can snag the app on the Apple App Store for free and it offers up hair, nails, and makeup services... all brought to your front door :0 You can even request to book an appointment at their online site as well. The only downside, is that they currently only offer up services in New York, Southern California, South Florida, and Washington D.C. Another option, is beGlammed- which offers up services in the L.A., New York City, Miami, Las Vegas, DFW metroplex, Houston, Austin, San Diego, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and more! This on-the-go hair and makeup services provider allows for advanced bookings and specializes in updo's and downdo's.
- Running out of time to get your fav dress or garment to the dry cleaners before the big day? Ever went to get on that new dress you've stowed away in your closet for your next date night...only to realize it looks like a wrinkled mess? Here's an easy fix! Take a spray bottle and fill with water; hang your garment and spray the entire garment with an even layer of fine mist and then place in a delicate garments bag or mesh bag and toss in the dryer on medium heat. Then promptly remove and use a steamer or iron on steam; lightly spray garment with starch stiffener for super wrinkled garments and then press on low heat and hang. Really pressed for time and don't want to do most of the work? Let an at-home dryer kit do it! Dryel makes on for around $10 at Target that works in just 15 mins.!
The Beauty Closet's Top 5 Valentine's Day Accessory Picks!
Ian Satchel Black w/Hearts
*VIP pricing @ JustFab.com [$62.95 reg. pricing!]
Features a removable adjustable shoulder strap, 1 exterior pocket, 1 interior pocket, and 1 interior zipper pocket- featuring gunmetal hardware! It's hard to believe this super cute bag- perfect for Valentine's Day, is only $40 w/VIP pricing from JustFab :0 If you haven't heard of JustFab, they are a wonderfully affordable option for currently trendy finds in shoes, clothing, handbags, and accessories...without spending tons of cash to to do it! The best part? You don't sacrifice quality for the price for these trendy wares! Beware though- you are bound to end up with a closet full of ultra cute bags and purses before you know it ;)
Zyra Pointed Toe Pump
*VIP pricing @ shoedazzle.com pricing [$59.95 reg. pricing!]
A super cute and stylish Valentine's Day themed pointed-toe stiletto pump that won't break the bank! These super cute pumps from Shoedazzle are perfect for the big day and help you stand out from the crowd...without going over the top ;) Not a VIP member at Shoedazzle? That's okay- you can still snag this ultra cute pumps from Shoe Dazzle at the regular affordable pricing of $59.95!
3. Quay Australia
53mm Heart Breaker Heart-Shaped Sunglasses $50*
Comes in 2 super cute versions- gold [pictured above] and red! At $50, these Valentine's Day themed sunglasses are a fun way to celebrate the holiday without going with all-out commitment. Plus, you can pull these off all-year-'round ;) Snag these heart-shaped sunglasses at Nordstrom.com with free shipping!
4. Velvet Caviar
Love Bomb Dual Glitter iPhone Case
If you haven't heard of Velvet Caviar, you've been missing out! They make ultra cute, fun, and quality iphone and android cases that don't cost an arm-and-a-leg but really stand out from the rest on the market. Each case comes with a 2-piece design with a rubber bumper that goes around the entire phone and case and allows for a snug fit between the case and your phone. The one featured above- Love Bomb, is a mix of liquid, glitter, confetti, and heart pieces that float around the case. Perfect for Valentine's Day, this case makes it easy to get in the V-day spirit and have a little light fun at the same time :)
Love Web Slider Belt
This D-ring belt is perfect for Valentine's Day with the love theme printed on the entire belt! Pick this cute belt up at Nordstrom's site and add a bit of fun and pop of color to your Valentine's Day outfit. As an added bonus, it's under $30 and could be worn all year!
Valentine's Day Giveaway
Today - 2/14 ONLY!!!
[prize total worth of $25]:
- Splat Hair Chalk in Dusty Rose [full size!] $5.74 value.
- Surya Brasil Exotic Animals- Orangutan [full size nail polish in a deep sultry red!] a $13.80 value.
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Dashing Raspberry #410 [full size lipstick!] $5.47 value.