HAIL TO THE NIGHT CREAMS!
I have for many years, seen numerous advertisements and other attempts by skincare companies to get me other beauty lovers to purchase their night creams! They are endless with claims that are sometimes false and products that can be expensive too. The question is though, do they work?! Well let's take a look what night creams are and what they do, if they're worth it, and what the best way to use one really is!
WHAT ARE NIGHT CREAMS EXACTLY?
They are in fact, usually moisturizer-based skincare products that bring many promises of having younger looking skin AND even preventing the signs of aging and unhealthy skin :) Many of them are considered to be "cosmeceutical" which basically means that they are a combo between a cosmetic and a pharmaceutical- they are considered to be cosmetic products that are biologically active ingredients that could have medicinal or even drug-like properties.
NIGHT CREAMS ARE MADE OF...
When it comes to what night creams contain, for the most part they will usually have several ingredients and they can vary quite a bit. Many formulas contain things like: Retinol, AHA's or Alpha Hydroxy Acids, CoQ10, Vitamin C & E, Anti-oxidants, Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, and MORE! The majority of these ingredients aid in fighting free radicals, providing antio-oxidants to your skin, and preventing the signs of aging and discoloration!
HOW TO APPLY A NIGHT CREAM:
1. One of the most important factors is picking the RIGHT night cream for YOUR skin type! Stick with oil-free types for example, if you have acne-prone skin and go for extra moisturizing if you tend to have skin that's on the dryer side!
2. Try picking just ONE FOCUS that you want to be concerned with: anti-aging, moisturization, toning, or acne breakouts. This will help you stay on track with your skincare regimen + you will get the right item for your skin :)
3. Remember that it doesn't just work overnight in ONE NIGHT :/ It DOES take TIME to work- I know...we want instant results, but that may not being realistic about true results unless you give it real time. Most products that I've had success with I will admit, have taken anywhere from 6-12 weeks to really show visible results.
4. Make sure to get ENOUGH sleep! This is REALLY crucial- if you don't do this step right here, your night cream isn't going to have much time to work. Giving the product enough time to actually absorb into the skin is what allows it to be fully effective!
5. Thinking you need to spend tons of $$$ to get what you want?! NOPE! That's actually quite far from the truth- I've been able to find some decently-priced products without breaking the bank and keeping my organic skincare focus in mind :)
THE BEAUTY CLOSET'S
NIGHT CREAM TOP PICK:
MANUKA SECRETS 18+ UMF MANUKA HONEY NIGHT CREAM
So you're probably thinking...there are a LOT of night creams out there- why did I pick this one?!? Well besides the fact that I've had the great opportunity of trying ALL of the products in this line and I just LOVE them, this is DEF one of the BEST night creams that I've tried. It's actually the first product that I tried out in the Manuka Secrets line and it's fabulous! Not only does it contain organic 18+ UMF Manuka honey, but it's packed full of other wonderful natural ingredients that are combined into one awesome night cream.
One thing that really impressed me right off of the bat with Manuka Secret's products, was the extra care they seem to take to the item packaging and how well it allows you to get just the perfect amount of product out for application! There's a generous amount too at just under 1.7 fl. ounces, which means that you get your $50 worth easily. I normally have to use about 2 small presses of the pump, to get out the needed product for application and that allows for you to use very little even on a daily basis.
If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin this is an excellent choice for you as well- I have the same type of skin and my skin reacted quite positively to daily usage :) I like to put on the night cream every night, after I apply my serum and other skincare products and then let it dry for about 3-4 minutes. It has a nice light scent of Manuka honey when and after you use the product, but it's something that I don't mind at all- it's more of an organic or natural-type scent!