5 QUICK TIPS TO SOLVE SUMMER NAIL ISSUES PACKING:
1. Try applying a lotion or moisturizer to hands after washing, as this only tends to dry out your nails & skin!
2. Use a natural oil or cream to put on cuticles in order to prevent dryness that results from the Summer heat and activities such as relaxing by the beach ;)
3. When you first get out of the shower is actuall the WORST time to trim nails! They will be soft and could tear up while you are clipping them :/
4. Make sure to keep your nails trimmed short or not longer than a 1/4" past your fingertip! This will keep your cute summer polish from prematurely peeling AND your cuticles from overgrowing!
5. AVOID soaking your nails in harmful chemicals and go for more natural formula approaches, otherwise you will dry out your nails, causing them to chip and only do more damage.
I MIGHT BE GETTING OLDER TODAY.... [SHHH!!!] ....LOL ;)
THE BEAUTY CLOSET'S NAIL POLISH OF THE WEEK:
JULEP'S LAINEY WONDER MAVEN
[SUMMER BERRY SHIMMER] $14
Julep really DOES know how to make polishes, which is why I've personally been a "Maven" for over a year now! I don't always have the extra cash to spare when the month comes around to pick my box and that's why I do skip the month, from time-to-time :/ However, when I DO get the chance to score the month's box, I always look forward to the day at which it arrives! Their products are made with top-notch quality and care, with even an extra treat in every box you order.
This August, Julep is releasing some fabulous NEW colors for fall and they include some new nail polish colors- in addition to some other makeup items. My FAV color out of the entire bunch of the Drenched Collection, was this color in particular- Lainey :) It's a vibrant and fun color that's still reminds me of summer in some ways, but would be a great carry-over into Fall. It's a wonderful color to mix with others for a cute design or even put underneath a sparkly polish!
Two coats of this + a great clear top coat, will leave you with a trendy manicure ready for August. At $14, it is a bit pricier than some polishes out there but Julep takes extra care in providing the BEST quality formula that's void of formaldehyde, resin, toluene, DBP, camphor, and animal ingredients or byproducts. Most of my at-home mani's and pedi's with Julep polishes will give me a week or longer before they chip, which makes this product still a great buy! It's also a fun color and perfect for a gift and any age :)