mineral bath salts...a little bit of background:
Bath Salts are water-soluble minerals that are normally added to water for bathing as they are known to improve the bathing experience and mimic natural mineral baths or hot springs. The "salts" portion of the term comes from the similarity of the minerals to that of actual table salt and chemically speaking the two are similar as they are each true salts.
The more organic or natural type of salts that are usually utilized in bathing are also not called "bath salts" as they can appear more like a wax or oil instead. There are other substances that can be labeled as bath salts, however they could be Epsom salts, table salt, baking soda, borax, or even glycerin. Fragrances and liquid glycerins are often added to bath salts too, but oils and or foaming and effervescent agents can be added as well.
The earliest usage of bath salts can be found from around 2700 years BCE in China and the Greeks as well with people like Hippocrates who encouraged his colleagues to use them in healing. The English followed the Greek's footsteps in the 1700's, with Dr. Charles Russel publishing "The Uses of Sea Water" in regards to salts and their many applications.
what do mineral salts do for the skin?
1. WANT TO CLEAR UP BODY ACNE?! THIS IS ONE EASY WAY TO DO IT: TRY A QUICK 15 MIN. SOAK 2-3 TIMES A WEEK AND YOU WILL SEE IT CLEAR UP :) ESPECIALLY A BATH SALT HIGHER IN SULFUR CONTENT AS THIS HELPS PURIFY PORES AND SKIN!
2. PREVENT THE SIGNS OF AGING- IODINE IN BATH SALTS WILL AID IN STOPPING THESE DREADED SIGNS AS IT PROVIDES CELL ENERGY AND HELPS IN CELL METABOLISM. ELASTIN PRODUCTION IS IMPROVED IN ADDITION TO UP TO A 40% REDUCTION IN WRINKLING DEPTH OCCURRED IN SOME STUDIES WITH MINERAL SALTS :)
3. TACKLE ATOPIC DERMATITIS AND ECZEMA BY REDUCING ITCHING, CALMING SENSITIVE SKIN TOO :) a SOAK FOR A FEW MINUTES AT LEAST A COUPLE OF TIMES A WEEK CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.
4. BANISH CELLULITE BY IMPROVING CIRCULATION AND REMOVING TOXINS, IN ADDITION TO IMPROVED SUPPLENESS OF SKIN BY SOAKING 2-3 TIMES A WEEK- 30 MIN. SESSIONS! TRY DOING THIS ESPECIALLY RIGHT AFTER A BIG WORKOUT SESSION TO IMPROVE MUSCLE TONE AND LESSEN "DIMPLING" IN THE SKIN.
5. WANT TO RID STUBBORN DANDRUFF? MIX A LITTLE OF THE MINERAL SALTS TOGETHER WITH A LITTLE WATER AND CREATE A PASTE THAT YOU CAN GENTLY MASSAGE INTO THE SCALP AND THEN RINSE AND CONTINUE WITH YOUR NORMAL HAIR CLEANSING ROUTINE. tHE DANDRUFF AND SCALING WILL BE OUT OF HERE!
6. MOISTURIZE SKIN BY REGULARLY SOAKING WITH YOUR MINERAL SALTS AND FOLLOW WITH AN APPLICATION OF MOISTURIZER AND WEAR SOFT MATERIALS- AVOIDING SUBSTANCES SUCH AS WOOL, LANOLIN, OR OTHER HARSH MATERIALS! tHIS CAN MAKE YOUR SKIN MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO CONTACT DERMATITIS AND IRRITATION :/
BONUS PRODUCT REVIEW:
ADOVIA 100% DEAD SEA BATH SALTS MINERAL RICH BATH SOAK [1.75 LBS] $10*
*Amazon.com + Prime membership pricing!
If you've been looking for an affordable and natural way to take care of your skin and keep it healthy, this is great product to start with! You can utilize this one on it's own OR you can create your own soak or mixture based on your needs. Since it doesn't contain any colors, additives, or scents it makes a great base for your own home-made soak or you could even add it to an existing bath salt you already have, like I chose to do :)
These 100% Dead Sea Bath Salts from Adovia are fantastic to use just on their own too and since the bag it comes in has a resealable, you can utilize the desired amount of the product and keep the rest for when you're ready to use! This product would make a wonderful addition to gifts as well and since it is super affordable at this pricing, it's a win all-around.
Even you have the most sensitive of skin, this is a product you can use taking a good soak at least a couple of times a week with these Adovia Bath Salts will ensure a reduction in many skin issues like dryness, dullness, and irritation. Your skin will feel soft, supple, and smooth- with a nice barrier of moisture included! I've really seen quite a difference thus far in just a using this product a couple of times a week for about 15 minutes a treatment.