EVER WONDER WHICH PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOUR SPECIFIC HAIR TYPE?!....find out your type first:
top product picks based on hair type:
~ playcurl trial set for loose curls $36 ~
~ curly sexy hair moisturizing shampoo $10.49 ~
~ living proof curl defining styling cream $28 & curl detangling rinse $26 ~
moroccanoil curly pack $146.68*
*westfield.com from Catwalk sale pricing!
tips for wavy hair:
1. Try using leave-in conditioners and treatments in order to keep hair well- moisturized!
2. A wide-tooth comb can be your best friend-especially when trying to detangle hair.
3. minimize your usage of heat styling tools as those will only pull moisture from your hair and cause damage :/
4. as difficult as it may be, avoid touching your hair once dry or you will end up with frizz!
tips for curly hair:
1. style your hair when it's wet- even using your fingers to rake through the hair to separate curls!
2. stick with styling products that have more of a whipped texture than ones that are thicker and contain high amounts of alcohol- curls will become "crunchy" as a result and dry :/
3. when you do need to blowdry, try out a diffuser- starting at the roots and midlength, then doing the ends last [they tend to be more damaged!]
4. get a dry cut since curls will react very differently when dry and it won't give you any surprises ;)
coily hair tips:
1. go for thicker emollients with shea or mango to ensure that your style is maximized after cleansing!
2. when drying hair, utilize a microfiber or t-shirt type of material instead of the standard towel as they tend to strip the hair's natural moisture.
3. before you shampoo, apply a soothing oil to scalp to help retain it's natural oils :)
4. at night, cover your hair with protection such as a silk cap in order to keep hair from breaking and other damage from occurring.
tips for kinky hair:
1. when you lay down at night, try out a satin or satiny finish pillow case to keep from getting frizzy and damaged curls!
2. let hair air-dry if at all possible and apply a protectant if straightening- heat damage is irreversible :(
3. deep-condition about 1 time a week, with a mineral-free conditioner. You can put on your hair and cover with plastic wrap for about 12-20 mins with a hot towel or dryer.
4. stay away from products containing mineral oil- they will only prevent moisture from entering the hair shaft and leave hair dry and brittle!