LOOKING FOR SOME GREAT NATURAL SKINCARE TIPS?
This 11 page e-book is an excellent tool for anyone wanting to get into more of a natural skincare routine or is just wanting to get their hands on some great organic beauty tips and natural remedies as well :) I normally seek out books that might perhaps be a tad bit longer, but this guide was a really good find and I felt that I should definitely share it with all of you! You can snag this free online as an e-book version or at naturalbeautycareguide.com too. This is an excellent way to learn some easy and affordable beauty and skincare tips that have a natural approach in mind :)
Natural skin care guide:
1. skin tissue test:
The guide advises to wash your face with a neutral facial cleanser and then use the "blot test" by utilizing a thin piece of blotting or tissue paper and then holding it towards to the light and interpreting what you see. Oil indicates you may have oily skin, except if located in the T-zone- then you would most likely have a combination skin type. With very little oil present on the paper, it's likely you would be considered to have normal skin and if none at all then it could be on the dry side. This easy and quick test done on a seasonal basis can help you determine when, how, and what kind of products you can use to help combat skin issues that arise.
2. 5 steps for perfect skin:
- CLEANSING- A non-lathering cleanser is suggested if possible, that should be massaged into skin in circular motions and then left on for up to 2 minutes before being rinsed off. Once or twice a week, use a clay, fruit, or oat-based cleansing mask to get deep into pores and remove dirt and oil.
- HERBAL FACIAL STEAM- For most skin types, this method does tend to have a drying effect over long-term usage and is therefore recommended more for oily or acne-prone skin types. It should be utilized only occasionally with aging or dryer skin! You can however use this method for 5-8 minutes with oily skin issues AND this method is NOT recommended at ALL for sensitive skin. Bring the herbs to a boil in a large pot of water, remove from the source of heat, and then steam for 5 minutes.
- FACIALS- There are numerous kinds available such as clay, honey, egg, oats, fruits, and veggie masks that will help promote deep cleansing of the skin and stimulate circulation, while also helping to clear up acne and other blemishes! If you want firmer skin, these will help to tone it as well :)
- TONIC ASTRINGENTS- While using circular motions, massage but do not scrub into your skin! This will help tone and close your pores, therefore causing pore reduction and skin tightness.
- MOISTURIZERS- Place small dots in the desired areas and the smooth into the skin with tiny circular motions, making sure to lightly tap around and underneath your eyes. Vitamin E oil is an excellent natural source of moisturization and can be placed on the delicate skin around the eyes too.
3. tips for using facial masks:
- Steam your face gently for about 2-5 minutes before applying your facial mask and this will open open pores, allowing for the mask to penetrate better.
- Since fruit and egg masks usually are more of a liquid consistency, apply a 2nd layer after the first one has dried so as to get a good and consistent layer on the entire facial surface.
- Avoid talking or laughing while waiting for the mask to try and do its job!
- Leave on for at least 15 minutes and up to 20 minutes so that it can fully dry, then removing it carefully and very slowly so you can prevent dragging on the skin and irritation!
- It's recommended to only apply a facial mask about TWICE a week.
4. skin lightening remedies:
- LEMON JUICE: Mix with equal parts juice and glycerin and utilize to remove a bad tan with a sponge or mix into a paste by adding salt or sugar. Let this mixture then settle on the skin for about an hour each day. This treatment can aid in lightening sun damage spots on the skin :)
- MILK: 3 tablespoons milk with 1 teaspoon lime juice can be used to remove a tan. Yogurt that's combined with an equal amount of buttermilk can be used as night cream to help a fading tan.
- BONTANICALS: Aloe Vera can reduce freckle darkness or brown spots by applying twice a day. Watercress in 2 cups of cold water that is then boiled and simmered for 10 minutes, then strained and stored via refrigeration, can be used each am. and pm. Potato Water is an old German method for helping fading tans and reducing summer freckles- you can do this by just sponging on the water that the potatoes have been cooked in!
5. natural face masks:
- DRY SKIN FACE MASKS: 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp. almond oil, 1 ripe banana.
Combine everything in a bowl, make a thick paste. Apply this to face.
leave on for 20 minutes, then wash with water.
Mix banana, egg white and curd. Apply this facial mask to your face,
hands and legs. It will give soft smooth skin.
Take one tablespoon of cornflakes with almond oil or milk and grind into a
paste. Apply this paste to face. Wash off after 15 minutes.
Mix 1 tsp. of butter and 1 tsp of water. Apply over the dry parts of skin.
Leave for 15 - 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
Mash half of an avocado and smooth over the face. Leave for 10 minutes
and then gently remove with damp cloth.
- OILY SKIN FACE MASKS: One-tablespoon honey, one tablespoon Fuller's Earth and
one-tablespoon rose water. Mix together and apply on the face. Wash off
after 15 minutes. Apply once a week but If your skin is too oily use twice
Use a beaten egg white and mixed with 1 tsp lemon juice. Apply this
mask on the face, and then wash off warm water.
Mix one tsp tomato pulp and two-tablespoon potato flour. Apply this paste
on the face. Leave on 15 minutes and then remove gently with warm
- NORMAL SKIN FACE MASKS: Use a beaten egg white and mixed with 2 tsp almond oil. Smooth over the
face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Leave on 15 minutes, and then
remove gently with water.
Blend 1egg white, 2 tsp vegetables oils and 1 tsp apple juice. Smooth
over the face, and then wash off after 15 minutes.
Mash raw papaya and smooth over the face and throat. Leave for 15
minutes. Wash off with warm water and then splash face with cool water.