IF YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL... YOU'RE NOT ALONE- I HADN'T EITHER!
I hadn't heard of this product before stumbling upon a little research into some organic alternatives for moisturizer! I've been on the hunt recently, as I have very oily skin and have the constant battle of finding just the right moisturizer for the delicate and sensitive skin on my face. Since I tend to break out as well, I have to be super careful what kind of moisturizer I use. Now I'm going to explain exactly what it is, what it does and how, why it works, and where you can find it. I will also be reviewing a great Fractionated Coconut Oil as a bonus as well!
WHAT IS FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL?
Let's start out with what exactly it is. This oil is actually a carrier oil and a carrier oil is simply an oil that is used as a base usually- to dilute an essential or absolute oil before being applied to the skin. They will NOT contain aromas that are concentrated like essential oils do and some can have a mild distinctive smell.
There are two methods used in production of carrier oils: Cold-pressing AND maceration. The cold-press method means that when the oil is pressed for processing, the temperature does NOT reach above 120 F. This also means that it lacks the heat and chemicals during production that rob conventional oils of their healthier ingredients. When they are NOT cold-pressed, they are frequently made with chemicals and their actual structure is chemically altered :/
Now taking it a step further- fractionation is the separation process and is just a part OR fraction of the oil. Certain parts are either separated or completely removed- as in the case with fractionated coconut oil. The results are a much more stable oil with a long shelf life so the oil is less likely to become racid more quickly. Fractionated Coconut Oil specifically has a very high content of saturated fat- about 90%, which makes this the oil much easier to work with-therefore allowing it be used in a wide variety of ways :)
FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL USES:
- MEDICINAL- ANTISEPTIC PROPERTIES!
- HAIR CARE PRODUCTS
- OTHER COSMETIC USES
BEAUTY PRODUCT REVIEW:
WHERE THE PRODUCT CAN BE PURCHASED:
GO PURE 100% PURE FRACTIONATED COCONUT OIL $24
- Premium Grade, Grade A - Fractionated Coconut Oil - the Best Carrier Oil and Moisturizer
- Fractionated coconut oil is a lightweight emollient that provides an effective barrier for the skin without clogging pores or causing breakouts. A must-have for dry or sensitive skin; it leaves you feeling smooth and hydrated, never sticky or greasy.
- It is a highly cost-effective oil, and because it will never go rancid, it can be mixed with other more expensive carrier oils to extend their shelf life. It is colorless and odorless, and it incorporates perfectly with other oils without altering their scent, appearance or effectiveness.
- Each bottle contains 100% pure and natural fractionated coconut oil, ideal for use is soaps, lotions, hair care products, ointments and other DIY health and beauty treatments. Fractionated coconut oil offers all the benefits of coconut oil, with the added convenience of an indefinite shelf life, long term stability and resistance to rancidity.
- 1 YEAR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: This is Hands Down the Highest Quality Fractionated Coconut Oil on the Market Today
This product really does have a nice variety of uses- I LOVE that you can use it as a scalp, hair, skin, and nails moisturizer :) One of the first things I noticed about this product from Go Pure, is that is looked AND felt 100% quality- you could actually see that it was pure and not just printed on the bottle! It didn't leave ANY residue at all- and I was REALLY surprised by that. I fully expected an oil of this type to leave something behind that I didn't like but I really couldn't do it with this product :) All that it leaves behind is soft skin!!!
The product absorbs easily and quickly into the skin too so you don't have to wait forever to let it dry. As for worrying about staining clothes if it hasn't dried?! Don't worry, as with this product it won't happen AND it's invisible to boot :) As for my daily usage with this product, I prefer to use it as a moisturizer on my face, neck, hands, and other rough skin areas like my elbows and knees! It seems to work really well there as a moisturizer and really seems to help products like my daily serums absorb better in my face and neck area. The scent is very pleasant a light with a hint of coconut, but not however the normal and sometimes overpowering scent that it can be. If you are looking for a nice natural and organic moisturizing alternative, you will definitely find it in Go Pure's Fracionated Coconut Oil :)
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY LATEST GIVEAWAY!!!
ENDS: 2/26/15 !