PEPPERMINT OIL... WHAT IS IT?
Peppermint is a cross between watermint and spearmint and originated from parts of Europe and the Middle East, but can now be found growing all over the world! Peppermint Oil is mainly made up of menthol and has been shown to be effective for everything from IBS to memory and alertness.
It has a VERY long tradition in folklore medicine and aromatherapy, but there's not quite enough adequate research on humans in regards to Peppermint's healing properties to determine all of its claims! I will say however, that I have been able to use Peppermint on my own accord for various issues such as IBS, headaches, mental sharpness, and aromatherapy and I have seen the positive results :)
how do you use peppermint oil to aid with symptoms of the flu?!?
- 3-5 Drops can be placed on the stomach directly-with attention the area around your belly button = helps to relieve nausea and indigestion that is usually associated with the flu!
- You temples can be used to relieve headaches by placing only ONE drop of peppermint oil your forehead and sinus areas; put a drop on the back of your neck as well in order to release tension headaches = flu sufferers report both these types of headaches.
- A fever can be lowered by using 4-5 drops on each foot, on the pad areas! As fevers are VERY common with the flu- this is an excellent help!
- Placing ONE drop of peppermint oil underneath the tongue and take a nice breath in- this will actual help clear the sinuses! Most people report a lot of uncomfortable congestion with flu! During allergy season, allergy sufferers can benefit well from this method too.
- Adding 4-6 drops to a cup of nice, hot tea can also help aid with indigestion and heartburn that's often associated with the flu!
precautions & things you should know about peppermint oil:
- Don't get it in your eyes! = will cause a very bad reaction that causes extreme burning and pain!
- It's NOT recommended to place peppermint oil directly onto the skin until placing a small DILUTED amount on a small test area - especially in a sensitive or broken areas around the skin!! = will cause irritation!
- Peppermint oil CAN CAUSE indigestion with some people> if you have acid reflux for example, you may experience quite the opposite reaction with peppermint oil = more heartburn and stomach cramps!
A LITTLE TIDBIT ABOUT GO PURE NATURALS...
The company has nice, humble beginnings with its founder Erin Keyan! After becoming a mother in 2011, she became a LOT more aware of what products her family and herself were eating and putting on their bodies! She noticed that a lot of their food and personal care products weren't very natural so she made a huge change. During this process, she discovered it was MUCH EASIER to do this with food, but no so much with beauty and personal care products that they all used daily! After doing some research and talking with more women, she discovered they had the same concerns and issues! That's when Erin created the brand Go Pure Naturals with the goal in mind that women could have a brand that trusted in 100% to be natural, safe, highly-effective, and actually affordable! The brand was officially launched this year, January 2015. You can go check out MORE of their great products at: gopurenaturals.com
GO PURE NATURALS-100% PURE PEPPERMINT OIL $14.95 *REVIEW:
*Amazon.com w/Prime shipping pricing!
I was VERY impressed with the quality of this oil! I could tell how pure and clean it really was from the second I opened the bottle! Peppermint can be very overpowering and strong-especially at this pure and high of a concentration! Fortunately, Go Pure Naturals got it right and made a high-quality Peppermint oil that doesn't hurt your wallet either! What really impressed me overall about the product was its quality and packaging! The bottle came well-sealed with a regular cap with plastic seal covering the bottle's top.
The good-quality glass bottle was inside a tight-fitting box as well so as to not allow for any movement and possible leaking and damage to the bottle! There was a very nice glass dropper that came separate from the bottle and was well-wrapped in packaging so as to prevent it from breaking as well! Go Pure Naturals basically gives you the option of opening the item when you're ready and not exposing the smell or oil to air until you want! It also prevents common breakage in shipment and keeps the container and dropper clean and looking nice until it arrives at your door!
If you're searching for a good quality and affordable Peppermint Oil or considering trying out an essential oil, this Pure 100% Peppermint Oil from Go Pure Naturals is a top-notch product I would definitely recommend!