WE COULD ALL USE A FEW beauty TIPS...
When I ran across this book, it spoke to me immediately as great guidebook for quick beauty tips that anyone can live by! I found quite a few things myself that I didn't know and were also unique ideas :) I thought it would be nice to share with you guys some of these fantastic tips AND the great part it you can get this book FREE yourself at several sites, including free-ebooks.net.
about the author, adi atar:
The author was born in Eilat,Israel and wears many hats as a mother, author, designer, developer, Reiki Master, and online entrepreneur! She's definitely a very motivated woman and someone that seems to want to share her 20+ years of knowledge with others. She describes herself as a person that has an "I also have an immense passion-obsession for creating beauty and helping others feel beautiful. My personal belief is that true beauty comes from humility and really loving and accepting ourselves first, then having fun testing the waters and trying new things to boost our confidence." I absolutely LOVE this perspective and really do agree with her whole-heartedly on this!
365 quick beauty tips
This book is more in the style of a guide and you will see a nice list on each page of tips that are easily definable by the structuring of the paragraphs, even though the tips are not numbered. When it comes to topics, the range from skincare tips on things like cleansing to hair and nails tips. I went ahead and listed my FAV'S below and tried to group them type of advice as well :)
HAIR & NAILS:
1. USE JOJOBA OIL FOR HAIR AS A LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER: IT WILL MIMIC YOUR HAIR'S NATURAL OILS! YOU CAN ALSO USE OLIVE, MINERAL, OR ALMOND OILS FOR THE SAME TYPE OF TREATMENT.
2. WATER CAN DRY OUT YOUR SKIN AND NAILS- WEAR GLOVES WHILE CLEANING AND WASHES DISHES TO PREVENT DRYING AND FOLLOW UP WITH AN APPLICATION OF MOISTURIZER.
3. IF HAVING TO REMOVE A HANGNAIL, MAKE SURE TO LET THE CUTICLE HEAL AFTERWARDS BEFORE YOU APPLY ANY PRODUCTS SUCH AS A NAIL POLISH TO PREVENT FUTURE HANGNAILS AND ALLOW HEALING.
1. YOU CAN USE SUNSCREEN UP TO A COUPLE OF TIMES A WEEK AS AN EXFOLIATER TO CLEAR YOUR PORES- PORES LOOK LARGER DUE TO DEA SKIN CELLS AND SUN DAMAGE!
2. REPLACE MOISTURIZERS THAT ARE HEAVY WITH LOTIONS THAT ARE OIL-FREE; THESE WILL CONTAIN THINGS LIKE CERAMIDES THAT GIVE SKIN HYDRATION WITHOUT THE HEAVINESS FEELING.
3. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR GOOD MINERAL MAKEUP, AVOID PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN INGREDIENTS SUCH AS TALC SINCE TALC IS A FILLER INGREDIENT THAT ACTUALLY CAN CLOG PORES :/
GENERAL BEAUTY TIPS:
1. THE WAY YOUR HANDS LOOK CAN BE EFFECTED BY SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THE RING YOU'RE WEARING: GO FOR RINGS ON SHORT FINGERS, WEAR THOSE THAT HAVE STONES OR GEMS THAT WON'T GO PAST YOUR KNUCKLE = STUBBY FINGERS IF YOU DO OTHERWISE!
2. THE BEST SLEEPWEAR IS GOING TO BE BREATHABLE COTTON AS THIS WILL BE THE MOST COMFORTABLE AND ALLOW YOUR SKIN TO BREATH = GOOD NIGHT'S REST :)
3. KEEP YOUR TEETH PROTECTED WHEN DRINKING PRODUCT LIKE SODAS SO AS TO PREVENT EARLY TOOTH DECAY- USE A STRAW INSTEAD.