Ever Had Issues with Dry Shampoo?
I don't think you would be alone- I've definitely had my issues with dry shampoo and it can make you want to give up all together on the product in a flash! Luckily, being the beauty maven that I am, I've ended up trying quite a few of these products over the years and I've managed to pick up a few pointers- through a few mishaps....and successes ;) Check out my top 5 easy tricks to applying this sometimes challenging product, below- and don't forget to see what the recommended product from Macadamia Professional is all about too!
5 Easy Dry Shampoo Tips for the Perfect Application:
- Make sure that you start out with hair that's primed for dry shampoo application. I do this by thoroughly brushing or combing through my hair and then applying a natural oil on my scalp, entire head, & roots-good options are: Argan or Macadamia seed oils. Avoid applying to hair that's just washed- this product really does work best on unwashed hair.
- Separate your hair into sections, starting with parting into 4 sections: front, back, & 2 sides. Then, break up ea. section into quarters/quarter parts. I use small clips to keep these sections in place, but you can use anything you make sure each portion stays sectioned off.
- Watch how close you hold the product from your head- if you get a bit too near your hair, then you are going to get an uneven application that's also too concentrated in certain areas. This will end up with a white-ish flaky effect and it's near impossible to get it out- sometimes a bit of water can help remove the excess product. Go for a ft./12" from your head and that's a perfect length :)
- Once you've completed application [and completely dry!], flip your head over and use your fingers to brush through your hair. You can also try utilizing a wide-tooth comb or pick to separate your hair without causing frizz or the product to gather in concentrated areas of your hair.
- Ensure your using the right product! This might sound a bit obvious and simple, but it's one of the biggest factors into how good your overall results will be: it's all in the product! You don't have to spend tons of your hard-earned cash to do this- just check out one of my fav dry shampoos from Macadamia Professional, below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
This dry shampoo from Macadamia Professional is one of the best around for the price and it not only smells nice, but it doesn't leave a visible build-up/residue that looks unpleasant. It does a great job of soaking of oil and product build-up too, with a paraban-free, sulfate-free, & gluten-free formula. Your hair will be soft and full of body too ;)
I absolutely love this one and it's definitely one that's at the top of my list for hair care products. The Style Extend Dry Shampoo also contains awesome ingredients like: Ginger Root, Mango & Kiwi Fruit Extract, Passion Flower Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Argan Kernel Oil, & Macadamia Seed Oil [high in Omega 7 fatty acids] ! Also safe for color-treated hair & cruelty-free, make this dry shampoo from Macadamia Professional a real keeper ;)