Oil Skin During the Summer Months?!
You're not alone on this one...I've noticed this issue myself as the days become hotter. In Texas, that started a few weeks ago- as we've been in the 80's for some time now. By the time that June & July draw near, we will be hitting mid 90's to 100 + degrees on a daily basis :(
I start to see that not only is my skin producing more oil, but it breaks out in places it usually doesn't. I also end up not wanting to touch my face as a result as it feels that my makeup will literally melt off in my hand :0
Luckily though- with trial and error over the years, I've become good at combating these issues...learning a few tricks along the way. I thought it would be nice to share these with all of you, plus there's a fantastic recommended product to help your skin looking fab during the summer too! Check out the review of this awesome item from Foxbrim below my tips :)
The Beauty Closet's 5 Easy Tips to banish oily skin during Summer:
- It all starts from within! Eat a healthy diet and you WILL see an improvement in skin health, texture, and less-oily skin :) Try foods that are high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids like: walnuts, flaxseed, cranberries, blueberries, & nuts. AVOID: oily & greasy foods found in "fast-food", butter, fried foods, and beef.
- Don't stress...literally! There have been studies that link the connection between stress and acne as the research has found that our bodies do produce higher cortisol levels during stressful periods of time. This actually cause the oil-producing glands [sabaceous] in our skin to produce MORE oil! :( Try: meditation, yoga, a relaxing bubble bath or massage, or another activity that you find will melt away your stress.
- Hydration...hydration.....hydration! Yup...the age-old tale of drink plenty of water IS uber important- especially if you want to keep a clear face/skin! Dehydration actually triggers your oil glands to produce MORE oil AND you end up with premature aging signs like wrinkles, dull skin, and larger pores :/
- Don't skip on the sunscreen or moisturizer! Using the correct products can make all the difference, but oily skin will still need to be moisturized and protected from Sun damage- making these products very vital to your skincare routine. Go for products that are oil-free and if you do use oil-based products, avoid using them at night as they will only cause your pores to clog.
- Utilize a gentle, clarifying cleanser- twice daily and try using a once-a-week gentle exfoliator as well. This will help keep you skin in balance, but still cleansed and looking healthy :) Looking for a exfoliator that does all of this, but doesn't cost tons of cash? Check out The Beauty Closet's recommended product from FoxBrim, below!
Looking for a Good Beauty Read?
By: BENJAMIN KOEN
*click on the cover above to snag one for yourself and @ $13, this is a great deal :)
5 Steps to a Happy, Healthy, Wealthy YOU! through music, the mind, and meditation
A clear and powerful step by step guide to achieve your life goals. For anyone interested in Meditation, Music, Health, Healing, Wellness, Spirituality, Science, Personal Development, Self-Help, Life Success.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Exfoliating Tea Face Scrub
• Organic Green & White Tea
• Avocado Butter
• Olive Butter
• Oragnic Aloe Vera
I've tried other Foxbrim products in the past and I liked the quality and pricing. I had a sneaking suspicion I was going to love this one as well...I was definitely right ;) This product truly is gentle enough for even those with super sensitive skin- like myself. The natural ingredients like Jojoba, Kukui Nut Oil, and organic Aloe make this product easy to love.
I really like the scent of this one too- it's not too overpowering but it smells light, fruity, & fantastic! This will leave your face feeling cleansed, super smooth, and ultra soft- plus it banishes oil & dirt, stopping breakouts and dull skin in its tracks. :)
The pump-action top makes for easy dispensing and prevents mess too. You will definitely LOVE this product and I would highly recommend this one for any age, gender, or skin type! At just around $20, you're getting a quality product that won't irritate your skin and will keep it looking fab the entire Summer!