Need To Tame Out-of-Control Hair?
Although I absolutely love this time of year when things are in full bloom and the fun colors for Spring and Summer are here- I'm not however, a huge fan of what it does to my hair. The combination of the sun, water, heat, etc. that seem to wreak havoc on your hair during these warmer months, can be a bit of a bummer. Luckily though, there are a few easy steps you can take to tame frizzy, runaway hair :) Here are The Beauty Closet's Top 5 Simple Tips:
- Ease up on the long, hot showers and rinse hair with cold water before stepping out. This help seal the cuticle and help it lay down flat = prevents frizz!
- Go for a once-a-week deep penetrating hair masque that's full of oils and plant extracts like: Coconut oil, Agave oil, & Argan oil
- Skip on the products that are chalked full of ingredients that are going to cause the opposite effect than what you're looking for: frizziness and dryness. Parabens, Sulfates, and Alcohols will all cause this.
- Wring out your hair loosing and wrap up in a towel OR air dry- avoid blow-drying your hair or rubbing dry with a towel or this might cause hair that's not easy to tame and flyaways :(
- When you do choose to blow-dry or heat style your hair, go for products that will protect it from heat tools and finish with a serum or taming cream. This will cut down on the damage done to your hair and prevent future breakage & frizz. Try: Zero Frizz Keratin Corrective Hair Serum. [$6.95] Find out more about this affordable product below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Keratin Corrective Hair Serum
If you've been on the hunt for an affordable all-around good hair serum that will leave your hair looking sleek and manageable, then this is THE product for you :) The Keratin Corrective Hair Serum from Zero Frizz does just this- it will tame those pesky fly-aways and unruly hair left from heat & styling!
There's no annoying smell or and the simple design of the pump action bottle has a locking stage that prevents the pump from getting depressed for no reason- also wasting your product. You can get out just the right amount you want, without making a mess :)
This one is perfect for wet OR dry styling and excellent to apply after styling as well for a finished, polished look [like the polished pony-tail picture above!]. Similar products that I've tried in the past for this price-point often leave my hair weighed down and greasy, but Zero Frizz's Keratin Hair Serum doesn't do that- it just leaves my hair soft, shiny, frizz-free, and smooth!