Want to Show Your Love for the Environment & Beauty at the Same Time?!
5 Effortless Things You Can do:
- AVEDA has a great program that you can participate in by just bringing in your Aveda packaging and accessories to their Aveda Experience Centers in the U.S. Their Full Circle Recycling Program keeps their packaging OUT of landfills! Find out more >here<.
- Donate your hair *[must be at least 8 inches to qualify] to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program that offers up free wigs to women suffering & recovering from cancer.
- Have you been getting your latest beauty mags, publications, inserts, and coupons via regular mail?! Cut down on clutter and environmental waste by signing up for your beauty brand or fav beauty store's e-mail, savings program, or e-bill options- they're FREE and sometimes you even get an extra perk just for signing up!
- Participate in Zoya's 2016 Earth Day Exchange and let them do the recycling for you ;) Trade in your old polish for the natural & healthy BIG5FREE alternative polish from Zoya! You can score up to 24 bottles, but there is a 6 bottle min. for the trade-in to be possible. Use code: ZGREEN at the checkout at: zoya.com and get a 50% exchange credit added to your exchange order. Complete checkout and then make sure to send in your unwanted polishes. *ends on: 4/30/16!
- Skip the harmful ingredients and snag up a fav product from an eco-friendly beauty brand like: Tarte, Origins, Aveda, JuiceBeauty, & Nature's Gate- check out The Beauty Closet's recommended products from them below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Replenishing Lavender & Peony
*find it at the Nature's Gate store finder >here<!
I've snagged a few Nature's Gate products and I'm pleased every time with the results- this duo is their best yet, in my opinion! I LOVE the light and calming scent of Lavender & Peony- this won't leave any residue behind and is gentle and soothing. Normally shampoo often drys out my hair and leaves it feeling rough and brittle, but you won't get that with this shampoo at all...and that's a bit surprising due to the product being under $9 :0
I'm super picky when it comes to what I use on my hair in general and natural/organic brands and hair care products don't always work for me. That's what I like about Nature's Gate, you don't have to pay an arm-and-a-leg to get a quality shampoo that isn't chalked full of yucky ingredients. I call that a win-win ;)
Replenishing Lavender & Peony
This is the perfect addition to the shampoo recommended above and will leave your hair feeling ultra soft and frizz-free. At under $9, you can afford to get both, for a hair care duo that is sans of glutens, parabens, soys, EDTA's, and more! Plus, Nature's Gate conditioners are Vegan, non-GMO, and free of artificial colors. What you want is what you get with this conditioner- real quality that your hair will thank you for ;)
The calming scent of lavender & peony makes for a nice end to a long day, which is why I've made this one of my top conditioners for Summer! It's formulated with plant extracts and isn't too heavy- it won't leave your hair feeling weighted down, but it will leave it looking healthy and shiny :) If Levender and Peony aren't really to your liking, there are 11 other signature fragrances to choose from Nature's Gate: Biotin + Bamboo, Chamomile + Mimosa Bark, Pomegranate + Sunflower- just to name a few!