6 Easy Ways To Naturally Hydrate Hair:
1. OLIVE OIL: You can apply anywhere from 1/4 cup, to 1/2 cup of high-quality or organic olive oil to your hair. Leave it in and then cover up with a plastic wrap or a warm towel for 15-20 mins. and then rinse. You will not only boost shine, but provide ultra moisturization to your hair & scalp.
2. SHEA BUTTER + ALOE VERA: When these 2 awesome ingredients are combined, they form a power-house of strength & hydration that's hard for any product on the market to match! Mix equal parts into a paste and add to ends and super dry scalp; then massage in.
3. HONEY + COCONUT OIL: This natural combo can be applied to wet or dry hair as a mask and then leave in for up to 30 minutes. Rinse out and you will end up with soft, rejuvenate, and moisturized hair :) I love this mask and it's one of my personal fav's- my hair seems to love it too!
4. RAW EGG WHITES & ALMOND OIL: I know this one sound a bit yucky, but I actually found that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You can separate the whites from a couple of eggs and beat them well; then add 1-2 tlbs. of almond oil and mix well. Apply this concoction to your hair and scalp as a mask for 15 minutes and then rinse it out. These protein-packed natural ingredients will leave your hair strong, soft, and manageable.
5. PUMPKIN + PEPPERMINT: Get a sure-fire way to prevent moisture-loss from already-stressed hair + leave it smelling sweet and looking healthy with this unique combination of natural ingredients that will stimulate your scalp too :) Create a mask by taking some fresh crushed pumpkin or squash [about 1/4 - 1/2 cup] and 2-4 teaspoons of pure organic peppermint oil and combine ingredients. Apply as a mask and rinse after about 20 mins.
6. MANGO BUTTER & HONEY: Heat both of these up in the microwave for only a few seconds/or the stove-top- just enough for them to begin melting and then mix the 2 ingredients together: try 1/4 cup of organic mango butter + 1-2 teaspoons of organic or local-grown honey [Manuka if you can locate it, is one of the best!]. Apply as a once-a-week moisture mask to your scalp and hair, leaving in for 5-10 mins. and rinsing. Your hair will be strong, shiny, and ultra-hydrated...naturally! [mangos pic. above!].
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Coconut Oil Formula
Strengthening Leavin-In Conditioner
I'm a huge fan of leave-in conditioners in general, although I've often found that the quality ones are usually a bit on the expensive side. Luckily, Palmer's has come out with their version of a leave-in moisturizing treatment that's easy to apply with a spray-on method AND it happens to work quite well. I love putting this product through my wet & towel-dried hair after getting out of the shower; I then apply it from my scalp to the ends of my hair and then leaving it in.
When I get up in the a.m. my hair is beyond soft, shiny, healthy, and hydrated- I've seen a noticeable difference! For under $6, this product beats out many others I already have that I spent a lot more on! There are NO parabens, sulfates, or dyes or any kind and this is a product that processed, color-treated, & natural hair types can use as well :) If you've been on the hunt for a good detangler, this is a great alternative too. Reduce frizz and boost shine with pure coconut oil, Vitamin E, keratin, and silk proteins- for around $6!