5 Simple Tips to Get Summer-Ready Feet:
- Start with a good soaking! Prep a warm foot bath with natural/organic salts & essential oils. I love natural salts from the Dead Sea, mixed with Lavender & Tea Tree Oils :) Set your feet in the solution for 10-15 mins. total.
- Remove dead skin, calluses, and rough skin patches that your feet have developed over the winter months. It's all in the right tool and you don't have to spend tons of cash to get a decent one ;) The Beauty Closet recommends: Earth Therapeutics Precisso Pedicure File [$9.99] > check out my review of this awesome item below!
- Soothe, heal, & rejuvenate your feet by giving them a moisturizing treatment! Stick with products containing Cocoa, Mango, & Shea butters to go the natural route that will give your feet ultra-hydration! The Beauty Closet recommends: Earth Therapeutics Triple 3 Butter Foot Balm [$9.99]. Check out The Beauty Closet's review of this awesome product below!
- Stick with foods that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids & antioxidant-rich snacks like: walnuts, almond butter, pumpkin seeds, eggs, flaxseeds, milk, yogurt, peanut butter...there are too many to list! These will boost your skin's hydration and promote overall skin health- naturally!
- Apply a hydrating treatment masque designed to leave on your feet overnight and then immediately place thick, cotton & comfy socks on. Leave these on throughout the night and take off when you wake up- you will see a big improvement in softness and smoothness- plus your feet will thank you :) I've actually found that a 90%+ cotton and spandex blend [anywhere from 7-10%], seems to be perfect and allows for your foot treatment to fully penetrate the skin.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Precisso Pedicure File
Not only is this tool super affordable, there's even a removable mini-file midden inside the handle! It's a snap to remove and perfect for travel as it simply clicks in place easily, at the end of the rubberized handle. Because of the well-designed rubber-like handle, you won't drop this tool or lose your grip.
It's double-sided too, allowing for a coarse side that works well for rough areas/calluses & a finer side that's perfect for gentle filing! You really will get professional, salon results with the Precisso Pedicure File from Earth Therapeutics :) I would recommend this one for any skin type or age and makes a great, affordable gift in combination with the foot balm pictured above- an excellent choice for the up-coming Mother's Day holiday.
Triple 3 Butter Foot Balm
This product is the perfect companion to the above pedicure file, as it's great to apply following your foot buffering and filing :) The scent is pleasant and light, with 3 awesome butters that make this an effective foot balm: cocoa, mango, & shea butter + tea tree oil, peppermint, and aloe vera. You feet will be ultra-soft, moisturized, and soothed- without leaving them with a greasy feeling!
The formula is also void of mineral oil, parabens, and artificial colors- that's a huge plus in my book. It's rare to come across pedicure products that aren't chalked full of unhealthy ingredients or things you just don't flat-out want in your skincare products and Earth Therapeutics has kept that in mind with this Triple3 Butter Foot Balm.