5 Easy Ways for Summer Glowing Skin:
- Start with what you're eating! This is KEY to achieving healthy, glowing, & fab skin. Now it doesn't mean that you have to eat things that taste bland or boring- there are plenty of foods out there that will boost your natural glow. Try: fresh raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries! They're packed full of antioxidants and Vitamin C :) Not into berries so much? Give Coconut Water a try! I love Zico's Coconut Water w/ Strawberry & Banana Apple Juice [you can get them at Target for around $5]. This water alternative encourages circulation and hydration, packed full of electrolytes. I'm a big fan of nuts- especially Walnuts & Brazil Nuts as these are high in Omega-3's & definitely aid in boosting a luminous complexion!
- Take a nice walk on the beach or at a nature trail. Promoting overall body health and circulation will in turn, encourage skin health too. Make sure to avoid over-exposure as this can lead to skin damage, cancer, and the signs of aging. Make sure to apply SPF of 30+ at least 30 minutes before exposure and continually throughout the day if you must remain outside for an extended time. However, at least 30 minutes of exposure a day is recommended and will allow your body to gather natural Vitamin D too.
- Go for a daily supplement that promotes glowing skin! There really are some fantastic natural supplements out there that will make all the difference. When it comes to the inside-out approach to skincare, this has always been the "game-changer" for me ;) I'm loving the HUM Nutrition supplements at the moment and their Arctic Repair [90 ct. for $60], contains Lingonberry seed oil that's ultra-rich in Omega 3, 6, & 9 acids- in addition to strong antioxidants!
- Don't forget about a once-a-week exfoliation and consider a once-a-month at-home facial peel as well! I choose to utilize a gentle & natural exfoliator at least twice-a-week and then towards the end of the month, I will apply my facial peel [I usually go with a medium strength or professional-grade peel]. This will not only remove dead skin, but it will help illuminate and rejuvenate dull, lifeless skin!
- If all else fails...grab a great product to give your skin the added boost it needs, for fab luminous Summer skin! I've used a variety of products throughout the years, however one brand in particular has remained as something that I do always end up coming back to as a tried-and-true friend during these Summer months ;) Learn more about this awesome product from Olay below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Tone Perfecting Cream
[1.7 oz. jar]*
I didn't really think all of that much of this brand for many years growing up- mostly because I really didn't know about Olay. My mother used some of their products from time-to-time, but I never actually inquired about them...I wish I would have- I discovered that I'd been missing out :0
Olay has been around for many years for a reason and there are a few of their products out there that happen to be fantastic :) One of my fav's that's perfect for Summer and doesn't break out my super sensitive skin is their Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream.
This power-packed cream is lightly-scented and will noticeably illuminate your skin, all without much effort. It does take about 4 weeks to start seeing results, although the best & most noticeable will occur around 8 weeks. I definitely noticed how smooth and glowing my skin becomes with this and I highly recommend it for almost any skin type! Great for age spots, sun spots, discoloration, & skin hydration- this is a wonderful choice :)