Coming Soon at The Beauty Closet...!
With Summer just around the corner, it's time to switch gears with your beauty routine :) The increased sun exposure, hot temperatures, poolside visits, & trips to the beach- they can all be a bit taxing on your skin, hair, and nails! That's why here at The Beauty Closet, you'll be seeing a lot of fantastic products in the up-coming months that are perfect for Summer. Look for items that feature good-for-you ingredients, organic & natural skincare and cosmetic brands, and new beauty tools that are sure to make your life easier ;)
For this week: 3 awesome products from Nubian Heritage for Revitalizing & Youthful Skin, 2 recommended products from Waxelene & 10 Fav Uses for Petroleum Jelly/Summer Lip Tips, announcement of 3 giveaway winners & 2 new giveaways starting, and the week's coupons [found on The Beauty Closet's coupon tab >here<. Be on the lookout for May's Newsletter in the next couple of weeks too :) Want to get geared up for Summer? Use my tips below to achieve great fantastic Summer skin- from the inside-out:
- Start with a healthy & fresh diet full of antioxidants. Try: blueberries, nuts, low-fat or fat-free dairy products, seeds, and whole-grain breads. Avoid sweets, processed foods, snacks high in carbohydrates, salt, and unhealthy fats. These foods can cause breakouts and unhealthy skin- especially during the summer!
- Drink plenty of water & drop the sodas, carbonated beverages, & sugary juices. If you would like to go for a flavored drink that's also healthy, go for: BODYARMOR's sports drinks. They are packed full of electrolytes, coconut water, & vitamins- without artificial colors or sweeteners! >Find out MORE about this awesome drink on my BONUS POST under my Health & Wellness tab or go >HERE<.
- Put up the creamy/thick foundations and other products. You tend to sweat more during the summer and not only will this end up looking like quite a mess halfway into the day, but it could cause acne & break-out issues. Try a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer instead, that's oil-free and utilize a daily clarifying facial cleanser.
- Ditch the lip-gloss & heavy, thick, & creamy lipsticks. Instead, go for tinted lip balms, SPF lip treatments/balms, or a lip stain. These will prevent your lips from drying out AND it won't show signs of wear as quickly as lip-glosses & lipsticks tend to do during the summer heat.
- Once-a-week gentle exfoliating skincare treatments are a must! You will rejuvenate dull skin- plus help it stay clear & healthy :) Try products that contain natural plant extracts like Aloe Vera, Citrus/Lemon, & Jojoba Beads. This natural approach will boost you skin's radiance and give it ultimate smoothness.
Find my BODYARMOR
post AND current Giveaways here >