Sunless Tanning Tips:
- Go for an easy-to-use formula that promotes streak-free, mess-free application- such as a foam or fine mist approach. Stick with products that contain botanicals, organic, & other natural ingredients like Argan oil, Aloe Vera & Green Tea extracts that nourish the skin and promote even application with quick-dry results :) Check out 2 of my top picks from Norvell's Dancing with the Stars collection, below!
- Make sure to buff away dead & rough skin with an exfoliator before the application of a sunless tanning product, focusing on areas such as the knees, elbows, ankles, hands, & wrists.
- Immediately following application, try using a blending mitt to help give your sunless tan a streak-free, flawless finish. Use in a gentle circular motion across the entire area applied with sunless product and blend into the skin. One of my fav's: Norvell's Sunless Blending Mitt $12 [see our review below!].
- Worried about sweating and rubbing off on your clothing & other fabrics? Avoid whites- i.e. undergarments, socks, tank tops, & bathing suits for example. Allow the product to fully dry for several hours- up to 12 hrs. before laying down if possible and up to 24 hours after application before taking a shower. Worried about your sheets? Try: Tanzee's Rose Gold Fake Tan Bed Sheet Protector $50.95 size Large.
- Apply a thick lotion or cream to the palms of your hands, wrists, ankles, bottoms of your feet, elbows, & knees. This will prevent over-saturation which tends to occur in these areas with sunless tanning products. It will also prevent the dreaded oopma-loopa or orange look!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Dancing With the Stars
Performance Self Tanning Airbrush Spray
$37.55* [7 oz.]
If you've been on the hunt for quality sunless tanning products that truly deliver and leave you with a natural-looking tan that's not orange or plagued with streaks...Norvell's Dancing With the Stars collection hits the mark! They offer several products in the line that are fabulous and today's 2 featured sunless products are my top picks from this collection :) The one featured above- the Performance Self Tanning Airbrush Spray, is easy to use and takes little effort to get salon-looking results.
It doesn't smell gross or leave my super fair skin looking orange and works really well in tandem with my Norvell blending mitt featured today as well! What really sets this one apart in particular from similar products, is that it delivers an ultra-fine micro-mist with a patented blend of DHA and bronzers that only Norvell's professional products feature! This is what gives you fabulous results while in the comfort of your own home and without the costs and stresses of sun or tanning bed exposure :) Doesn't dry out the skin and is also paraben & gluten-free, with a 100% Vegan formula!
Dancing With the Stars
Perfection Self Tanning Mousse
$37.95* [8 oz.]
I really prefer mousses over most sunless tanning product application types as it allows for the best and most-even coverage that also tends to look the most natural on my skin. The results also seem to last a bit longer too and you can layer this product and end up with a deeper golden glow if that's your end goal. Almost an instant dry and color results which makes this one great for trips and on-the-go touch-ups too! With a CocoNilla scent that's not overpowering, you can enjoy putting this product on as well :) Also works well with the blending mitt from Norvell that's featured below! Lasts up to a week and tan deepens into a beautiful golden glow after 24 hrs.
*thetanning store pricing
The perfect solution to blending your sunless tan to give it the ultimate natural, even finish. Ultra soft and bendable, making it great for getting around your wrists, elbows, knees, and feet! Can be gently hand-washed with mild detergent and then air-dried. You can even apply the product directly to the mitt and then use gentle, circular motions to blend the product easily and evenly into the skin. Double-sided, making it a breeze to be utilized at any angle too!