Earth Day :
- It only takes as little as 30 days for a glass container to go from the recycling bin to a store shelf!
- According to Denis Hayes- the first Earth Day organizer, Earth Day is "the largest secular holiday in the world, celebrated by more than a billion people every year."
- On average, a person can generate over 4 lbs. of trash a day :0
- Earth Day 2000, featured a record-reaching 183 countries and millions of people worldwide in a celebration- with more than 5,000 environmental groups outside of the U.S. participating in the event.
- Recycling just 100 aluminum cans could actually light your bedroom for an entire 2 weeks!
- The original Earth Day date was around March 20th [the March equinox], created by John McConnell; however, in 1970 a federal proclamation ended with the celebration being held on April 22nd by U.S. Sen. Gaylord Nelson.
- By 2010, paper recycling had increased to almost 90% since 1990 :)
The Beauty Closet's Top 4 Beauty Picks for Earth Day:
I'm a huge fan of Molton Brown's body washes and their Eucalyptus is perfect to get in the Earth Day spirit! Featuring a fun light green shade and wonderful Eucalyptus scent, this luxe body wash will leave your skin feeling as great as it smells :) Features a Eucalyptus top note, crisp mint heart note, & a base note of cedarwood. This uplifting cleansing body wash is one-of-a-kind!
Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner
Absolutely love this pretty green shade- perfect for spring and summer too...not just for Earth Day, this awesome eye liner won't tug, stays put, and goes on like a dream! Mally Beauty has some great cosmetics and their liners are some of my fav's and this has become my go-to shade for the season :) Also crease-proof and waterproof, the formula really does stay put all day long!
If you're on the hunt for a new scent for spring & summer, this is a great option! It isn't overpowering, but lasts and doesn't feature an annoying scent. With Yi Yi Ren and White Lotus, the relaxing scent promotes a restful sleep! Doesn't stain and even safe for textiles, you can use this as a body mist or a bed mist too :) Comes in a nicely made, glass spray bottle in a simple design that almost anyone can appreciate. Formulated without alcohol, it's also ideal for those with sensitive skin!
Classic Strong Mint Toothpaste
Marvis has become one of my go-to toothpastes for it's quality, uniqueness, and flavor variety. Imported from Florence, Italy, this superior dental brand really does set itself apart here in the overrun U.S. dental market. This flavor is the freshest of mint and leaves a long-lasting fresh-taste & breath behind! Their classic strong mint flavor is also perfect for celebrating Earth Day too ;)