5 Simple Sun Protection Application Tips:
- Don't forget to apply @ least 30 mins. - 1hr. before sun exposure to allow for the product to fully absorb into your skin and provide optimal protection.
- Go for an SPF of 30+ to provide proper protection as recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Make sure that your sunscreen product contains the following: a broad-spectrum protection which protects against both UVA & UVB rays, provides water resistance, & has the recommended 30+SPF or higher.
- For around the eyes: try a stick application; for the scalp & neck/other hairy areas: gels are an excellent application type; for the face & dry skin: go for a cream; sprays are great for kiddos, difficult-to-reach & larger areas- like the back of the legs.
- Reapply sunscreen @ least every 2 hrs in order to keep up the protection level that your product is designed to provide- even on cloudy days!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Silk Hydration Weightless Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 15 & 30
Weightless Face SPF 30
I've always been a fan of Hawaiian Tropic for years and that's mostly due to their affordability and well-formulated products and their Silk Hydration line is right in line with that mantra! Goes on and feels lightweight and sheer, without the icky stickiness that often accompanies similar products & sun protection brands. The Weightless Face lotion is oil-free so it won't clog pores, but lightweight enough to be worn underneath makeup :)
Island Sport Ultra Light Collection
Get effective sun protection that stays put, even through water, sweat, and continual movement...without breaking the bank ;) Hawaiian Tropic's Island Sport line does just that and won't hurt your wallet! Non-greasy, won't clog pores, and comes in a variety of application types- like the standard lotion or spray-on formulas that go on & dry clear. Love the scent of these- light, pleasant tropical scent that's not overpowering!