5 Easy Tips to Achieve a Matte Finish:
- Start with a freshly-cleansed face- use an oil-free cleanser and make sure to pat dry with a towel! This will aid in reducing shine & oil :)
- Absorb excess oil & sebum with blotting papers! Pat 2-3 sheets over the entire face before applying moisturizer, primer, & makeup!
- Go with an oil-free moisturizer and apply to the entire face and neck; let completely dry.
- Follow Your chosen moisturizer with a primer that not only helps your makeup stay put, but also assists with keeping it matte with little effort :)
- Apply an oil-free, matte finish loose powder with a powder brush and stick with a translucent finish.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Glamoflauge Turn Me Matte Mix-In Drops
Don't want to spend tons of cash on a product that doesn't work? Try these fantastic mix-in drops from Hard Candy! Designed specifically for achieving the ultimate matte finish with your makeup, these easy-to-use drops are awesome and really DO work! Mix in with your foundation or concealer or apply 2-4 drops on a beautyblender sponge/other beauty sponge and then apply to your entire face. Allow for a couple of mins. to dry and then apply the remainder of your beauty routine! Not only will your makeup stay put all day- even through humidity & the heat of summer, but you won't end up with shine & and oil-looking finish :)
Oil Free Translucent Loose Powder
Give your makeup a matte finish in a snap with this loose powder from Hard Candy! Oil-free and perfect for all skin types, this 12 hr matte finish loose powder won't break the bank either ;) Weightless and won't clog pores, making it an excellent powder during the summer and for even those with super sensitive skin! Use in combination with the above recommended Mix-In drops from Hard Candy to get the best results.