Women & Skin Cancer Facts:
- There will be over 34,000 new cases of women diagnosed with melanoma in the U.S. in 2017.
- Around an est. 90% of skin aging is caused by the sun :/
- Melanoma is the 2nd most common form of cancer for women, ages 15-29.
- For women 45 yrs. old and younger, the chances of melanoma developed are increased with tanning bed exposure.
- Due to women's swimwear & sportswear style changes over recent centuries, body exposure also increased around 29% and then the total exposure is currently at around 92% due to today's bikini styles. This also puts women at a higher risk.
- Women do however, have a great probability of self-detecting skin anomalies due to the particular attention women give to their skin health- especially their face & extremities, which are common sites for the manifestations of skin cancer.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
SPF 50 Sport Sunscreen
The perfect sunscreen for those who are active or wanted to ensure they get the fullest protection- great for all skin types too! Water & sweat-resistant that offers up UVA & UVB protection- plus, you won't break the bank with this super affordable option! 16 ounces for around $9 is a fantastic deal- especially when it comes to protecting your skin from damaging rays :) Contains Aloe & Vitamin E to help keep skin moisturized as well.
SPF 30 Broad Spectrum Protect & Nourish Sunscreen
Features a Paraben & Oxybenzone-free formula that smells fantastic, is fast-absorbing, & non-greasy! Water-resistant up to 80 mins. and with a broad spectrum coverage of 30 SPF, this awesome inexpensive option is great for the entire family :) With sea plant extracts, Vitamin A, C, D, & E that enrich this fabulous product, cell-damaging free-radicals are reduced- which helps you keep younger-looking skin too!