Makeup Baking: Why, How, & Recommended Products!
WHAT IS IT?
Originally seen on the Drag seen, this unique makeup technique has been once-again been popularized by celebrities and make-up artists in recent years. What's great about the technique, is that it can be used on a variety of different skin types and shades to help highlight the under-eye area, in addition to high points on the face like the bridge of your nose, chin, forehead, and cheekbones. Leaves the face looking matte, with a flawless finish to any makeup look!
HOW YOU DO IT:
- Firstly, make sure that your skin is well-hydrated and apply a creaming moisturizer around your eyes as well to help the minimization of fine lines & creasing.
- Apply two coats of thick concealer, using a damp makeup sponge- like a beautyblender sponge, in between each layer.
- Use a fluffy brush designed for eye shadow for example, to apply an entire patch of translucent powder to help set the makeup in place.
- Next, use a wet makeup sponge and dip in the same powder you prev. used in step #3, to pack on the powder in a heavy layer where you applied your concealer.
- Leave on for 10 mins.
- Dust off with a buffing powder brush, removing the excess powder and smoothing harsh edges that have been left behind after 'baking'.
WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD I USE?
You don't have to break-the-bank in order to achieve this look- there are plenty of products out there that brands offer up that are not only affordable, but actually work and made with decent quality! One such brand is Hard Candy- they've come out with some fabulous product as of late, that are inexpensive and tackle some of today's latest beauty trends! Check out their Sheer Envy Bake, Brighten, & Set Loose Finishing Powder in Banana, below:
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Sheer Envy Bake, Brighten, & Set Loose Finishing Powder
Instantly perfect your concealer application with this banana-inspired shade of loose powder from Hard Candy that costs under $5 :0 The finely milled powder does an excellent job of absorbing excess oil and creates a crease-free flawless finish... in as little as 5-10 minutes! I love that this product not only works like a charm, but it costs under $5- which is a major steal in the beauty world ;) Perfect for all skin types, this easy-to-use powder leaves behind crease-free flawless results that will turn heads and gives your makeup a seamless matte look that will last all day long!