5 Tips for Hydrated Skin During Summer:
- Skip the salty snacks and other treats that are high in carbs & sodium- these will only cause your skin to be dry and your body to be non-hydrated. What to go for instead: fresh-cut cucumbers [95% water content!], watermelon [92% water content], strawberries [91% water content], yogurt [fuller-fat contains up to 88% water content!], & papaya [at an 88% water content too].
- The age-old saying REALLY IS true....drink plenty of water- but don't overdo it either! Ever heard of over-hydration?! Water intoxication is a real medical condition and it can happen- avoid drinking more than one liter per fluid every hour, especially during or after recent cont. exertion or prolonged heat/sun exposure. This can lead to an electrolyte imbalance & potential risks of water poisoning or intoxication :/ One of my fav's that also tastes fantastic AND comes in a wide variety of flavors : Watermelon Hint Water & Raspberry Hint Water (top 2 picks).
- Apply a light, oil-free moisturizer to your entire body- immediately after getting out of the shower/bath. This ensures that your skin's moisture will be locked in and fight back against dryness, stopping it dead in its tracks ;) I'm loving the water-based lotion from Silkriller- especially for Summer. It also contains silk fibroin and amino acids that will leave skin ultra soft and moisturized!
- Beauty, personal, & household products to avoid- these will only encourage the drying-out of skin: deodorant soaps, products with artificial fragrances, items containing alcohols, retinoids, or AHA's...even detergents and many cleaning agents can do the same, leaving your skin dry, brittle, & unhealthy. If you do have to use these types of chemicals with your hands, wear gloves!
- Give your skin a boost from the outside-in, with a product that's curated with just the skin in mind. When you cleanse your skin or remove makeup, ensure that you're utilizing a product that won't dry it out instead! Looking for such a product?! Check out The Beauty Closet's recommended & reviewed product from Bioderma, below.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
[100ml - 500ml sizes]
This unique no-rinse micellar cleanser and makeup remover eliminates dirt and oil, but won't leave your skin dry. Perfect for any skin type- whether sensitive or combination, Sensibio H20 is an excellent choice to help keep your skin well-hydrated during Summer. I love that this product doesn't cause me to break out too! There's no annoying smell, it drys quickly, and doesn't burn or sting. It does however, remove makeup effortlessly and will also leave your face feeling rejuvenated at the end of a long day.
I like using a cotton ball and lightly soaking it with the product and then applying to my entire face and neck area. Packed with cucumber extract AND no parabens, alcohols, or fragrances- makes this a safe skincare item for anyone to use :) Since it's a no-rinse formula as well, this means you spend less time and steps on your skincare routine! With a range of sizes and price-points, this affordable cleanser & makeup remover is at the top of my list ;)