Fight the Signs of Aging & Sun Damage With These 7 Ingredients:
- Carotenoids/Vitamin A: these organic pigments are found in the inner components of plants [called chloroplasts] and can be found in some bacteria & fungi. What's special about these little guys, is they that play a key role as antioxidants for plants, animals, & humans. Carrots, corn, bananas, & apricots are just some of the well-known cartenoids; dried carrots contain the highest concentrations of carotene @ 100 grams per serving :0
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: there are 3 types- ALA's [found in plants], EPA's [found in marine oils]. & DHA's [also found in marine oils]. Great sources for these that have high Omega-3 content are: walnuts, flaxseeds & other edible seeds, fish, & eggs.
- L-ascorbic Acids or Vitamin C: this all-important vitamin plays an important part in how our body produces collagen and also aids in healing wounds and the prevention of capillaries breaking beneath the skin- i.e. dark under-eye circles & skin discoloration!
- Vitamin D or Secosteroids: commonly-known forms are- calcium, iron, & zinc. You can find this awesome supplement in a variety of foods like: milk, eggs, yogurt, & cheese. What Vitamin D does, is promote the continual renewal process that cells in your skin tissue goes through- the matrix of your skin = this is what gives your skin suppleness, softness, & strength.
- Vitamin E: these compounds come in a variety of forms and can be found in sunflower, safflower, & wheat germ oils- in addition to: soybeans & corn. You can get your daily intake of these essential oils with foods like: almond oil [95 grams per serv], peanuts, cashews, Mangoes, & Papayas [0.3 grams per serv]. Vitamin E has been clinically proven to help reduce the signs of aging, reduce future sun damage to skin, & promote clearer skin as well!
- Flavonoids: although these are not officially considered to be essential nutrients, they have great potential benefits. Over 5000 naturally occurring flavonoids have been identified and are derived from plants like parsley & thyme. You can also find flavonoids in an array of foods, such as: blueberries, citrus fruits- like grapefruit, cocoa, & peanuts, Flavonoids are even in some of your fav beverages like black tea & wine! When it comes to these awesome compounds, they have some fantastic benefits to bring to the table. For starters, they provide great photoprotection and can even reduce the negative effects of skin reactions caused by UVR/UV-radiation.
- Resveratrol: this is a natural-occurring type of phenol that can be found in several plants, in bacteria & fungi. This compound is produced as a plant's response to damage or attack from the bacteria/pathogens and can be discovered in plants such as: raspberries, mulberries, grapes, senna [spec. type of legumes]. Resveratrols are fantastic antioxidants that fight cell damage due to aging and sun damage, promotes collagen production, & fights wrinkles!*
*want to know MORE?! Check out > this < great Medical Editorial on Medicinal & Aromatic Plants. This wonderful read is very informative on the effects that natural compounds have on Anti-aging issues and is written by a handful of medical professionals & scientists!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Night Hydrating Serum + Cleanser
One of the BEST natural night serums that also doubles as a cleanser, that I've come across yet. I fell in love with this awesome product from Purxury from the moment I gave it a try. I've been quite impressed with how clear my face has been and how ultra soft, smooth, and healthy it's become. I had yet to try any of Purxury's products, before giving this one a go and I wish I'd have given them a chance sooner.
Their combination of carefully-chosen, quality ingredients that are naturally-derived- they really do have your skin's health truly in mind! Perfect for sensitive skin and also great for daily use, this is an excellent natural alternative to all of the serums out on the market containing less-than-desirable ingredients!
You really don't need much either, as the product goes quite a long ways when applied and the pump makes it a cinch to get out just the right amount-without making a mess or wasting the product ;) As an extra bonus, this great serum also doubles as a cleanser! You simply rub a small amount in circular motions- on damp skin, then rinse.