Ready for Summer? Here's 5 Fun Facts to Get You Started...
- Out of the top 5 U.S. summer vacation activities, sight-seeing/tours are actually in last place :o Shopping tops the list at the number 1 spot!
- The Summer Solstice occurs at different times of the year, depending on hemisphere: between December 20-23rd in Southern Hemisphere & between June 20-22nd in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Ever heard of the "dog days of summer"? This term actually refers to the time-frame between July 3rd & August 11th and comes from the Dog Star- Sirius, in the Canis Major constellation. The Ancient Greeks blamed Sirius on the extreme temperatures and drought the often came during the summer months.
- In the U.S., the most popular summer vacation spot is the beach or ocean- out of the top fav places to go for Summer.
- In the early 1800's, the U.S. did experience an unusual Summer: cold weather, accompanied by snow, was seen throughout the normally hot months; an Indonesian volcanic eruption was to blame, according to scientists!
Brand Spotlight Part II:
You Are Amazing
Final Spritz Body Mist
in "Juicy Grapefruit & Lemon Meringue"
I was very surprised on how much I liked both of the scents shown above. When it comes to perfumes, fragrances, and body sprays, I'm a bit hesitant to go for those that are this affordable- but You Are Amazing has definitely proven that you can't judge a product necessarily by the price :)
There are 8 total fantastic scents to choose from and there's sure to be at least one fragrance that you'll love too! Each body mist comes in a 6 fl. oz. sized spray bottle that makes it a cinch to apply and easy to take on-the-go! Perfect for Summer & they also make a great gift for any beauty-lover ;)
- Paraben and phthalate-free
- Never tested on animals
- Made in the USA
You Are Amazing
Hello Beautiful Skin Body Lotion
in "Coconut Water & Eucalyptus Mint"
*@Target & target.com!
Non-greasy & offered in a variety of 8 different fresh Summer scents, this body lotion is infused with Aloe & formulated in the U.S.- without parabens & phthalates :) Each of these wonderful products that are purchased, help in empowering young girls for leadership development- to aid them in attempting to change the world- in partnership with Girl Up.
At this price, you can snag a couple of these and you won't break the bank ;) I have super sensitive skin and I didn't have any issues either, even with daily use. I would definitely recommend this product for any skin type and with the vast amount of scent options, you're bound to discover a fragrance you'll love!