Vapor + Argan = Amazing Summer Hair!
Why does this formula work? The unique combination of 2 very different- yet effective approaches to tackling a variety of hair issues & styles, is what makes this a perfect solution. Starting with Argan Oil, I happen to be a fan of using this essential oil in m hair on a daily basis. It's a great natural option for moisturization for your hair & scalp, plus you hair will shine & look healthy too.
As for the vapors, they are what gives the Argan oil [treatment], it's super rejuvenating & strengthening powers. The Nano Ceramic plates only need to heat up to 100 degrees (F) in order to style your hair and that means less heat AND less damage :) What allows the vapor, is the design of the steam vents that are placed throughout the flat-iron's plates. So does this technology really work....I'm sure you might be wondering as I was myself...and with just a bit of research a found a promising answer. It turns out, that the usage of water treatments [also known as hydrotherapy] can have various positive effects on the body- this includes your skin, hair, & scalp.
An interesting article in the North American Journal of Medical Sciences that was published in 2014, by A. Mooventhan & L. Nivethitha, goes into fairly good detail on the benefits of these types of treatments. You can get to this informational publication >here<. There's also a great informational article written by 2 medical professionals, on Argan oil benefits. You can check out the online pdf >here< . Did you know that there happens to be a fantastic hair tool that encompasses all of these unique approaches into one easy-to-use tool...? Check out The Beauty Closet's recommended product from Hot Tools, below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
1 1/4" Conditioning Vapor Flat Iron + Mini Vapor Treatment
*JCPenney sales pricing @ jcpenney.com! [reg. price @ $89.99!]
I fell in love with this tool the very second I opened it and I'd not yet gotten a chance to try it out ;) I knew I had found a keeper the moment I saw it- this tool sets itself apart from the get-go. For starters, it doesn't have the traditional look or feel of most flat irons.
There are well-designed grips on the outside and the iron itself it covered in a material that makes holding and maneuvering a cinch. An easy-to-use reservoir locks into place with a lock button on the handle and holds enough of the treatment to allow for your entire hair to be done- if needed!
Although the treatment that's included as an extra bonus is supposed to be a sample-sized bottle at 80ml., however there's plenty to last at least 14 applications- maybe a few more! You can purchase an individual bottle that comes in a larger 250 ml size-version for 45+ treatments, at around $16- find it >here<! The treatment really is key as the Argan Oil it's infused with, makes all the difference!
You hair will look and feel stronger, healthier, & shinier! I found getting the product inside the attached reservoir was not too difficult and it will snap right into place while holding the lock latch away from you. It is fairly well-made and I didn't notice any issues with it leaking or making a mess- it did exactly what it was designed to do: release the power of Argan Oil while the steam surged through the plates and onto my hair.
Overall, I've been very pleased with how fab my hair looks since starting to use this iron and I won't be going back to my past brand...ever :0 I don't have to turn this tool up to super high heat in order to achieve beautiful, healthy results. I would highly recommend this awesome flat iron from Hot Tools for almost any hair type- you will absolutely LOVE this one!
- Less heat/Lower heat needed = reduced damage to hair! [340-380 degrees vs. 400+!].
- Argan Treatment approach actually locks moisture into your hair, leaving it ultra-soft & moisturized.
- 2-Hr. Auto-shut off.
- Nano Ceramic plates reduce frizz and damage.
- 8ft. Professional Length swivel cord = easy to use and maneuver :)
- Plates lock into place for easy storage!
- One-year warranty.
- Use the tool with OR without the steam function :)
- 60 second heat-up!
- Warranty is limited to workmanship defects for only 1 yr.
- Reservoir & tool will not allow for ANY other product to be utilized, except for the Hot Tools Argan Vapor Treatment. If you do use another product, there's a high chance you will clog or damage the unit :/
- No included container for storage when the tool is still hot- there is a nice box that it arrives in, however I would not recommend this be done while the tool is cooling down- it may damage or melt the packaging and in turn, damage your iron!
- Higher on the price-range; you get what you pay for and this is an excellent tool- but be prepared to spend at least around $70+
- Only a sample-size bottle of product included with your initial purchase. Once you do manage to go through about 14 applications/treatments, you will need to purchase more of the Hot Tools Argan Treatment for continual usage of the steam function.
Well worth the price and one of the best flat irons I've found. Not only does it take a unique approach, but it actually works. I don't think I've seen my hair look as healthy, shiny, & frizz-free as it has since I've started using it :)