5 Ways To Combat Dry Eyes for Summer:
- Go for a pair of cute shades! This is one of the BEST ways to protect your eyes and prevent them from drying out. It's affordable, easy, & as an added bonus- sunglasses protect the delicate skin around your eyes too. Not only can you keep your eyes from getting sunburned, damaged, & reduce the speed of cataracts- but you will also stop the signs of aging dead in its tracks! Go for brands to feature glass lenses and UV protection. You don't have to spend a fortune to snag a great pair- try: Armani Exchange AX4008 in Red [avail. in prescription & polarized too @ Target Optical] [$49.98].
- Take it a step further...add a hat to the mix: Many of us forget about this one, but your head, scalp, neck, & shoulders can get burned and damaged by sun exposure as well. Throwing on a hat gives an extra boost of protection by creating a nice barrier between you and the sun's damaging UV rays. You don't have to spend tons of cash either- try: BP.'s Oversized Packable Straw Hat in Ivory & Camel stripes[$28 @ Nordstrom]. This super affordable option is ultra stylish & won't break the bank ;)
- Hitting the beach, pool, or planning to take a dive? You may want to consider wearing a pair of goggles! What's great about goggles, is that they keep unwanted chemicals [like chlorine], salt water, & harmful bacteria from lakes/oceans/pools from getting into your eyes. This also keeps your eyes from drying out, becoming red, or causing irritation. Speedo makes a great pair that's featured in 3 different color schemes and features Elastomeric technology that reduces pressure around the eyes = less "goggle rings" around the eyes :) Snag these in Pink/Turquoise -Speedo Bullet Mirrored Goggle [$19.94]
- Make Waterproof Mascara Your Best Friend: I'm not a big fan of it myself, but during the summer- this stuff can be a game-changer when it comes to your eyes! Your eyes tend to get dryer and irritated due to the continual sun & water exposure during the summer- adding flaking and smudging mascara to the equation is bound to make things worse. Skip the issues all-together and go for a waterproof product instead! One of my fav's: Tarte's Lights, camera, splashes waterproof mascara [$21].
- Use a Preservative Free Eye Drops: Even if you take all the above mentioned steps, you still might end up with eyes that are dry, irritated, & red- the summer tend to have that effect on your eyes...especially with continual exposure :/ Try a preservative-free eye drop to alleviate symptoms & keep your eyes looking & feeling great! The Beauty Closet Recommend: Clear Eyes Pure Relief- for Dry Eyes & Multi-Symptom issues. Get the lowdown on this awesome product below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Pure Relief for Multi-Symptom & Dry Eyes
[$9.99 & $12.99]*
When it comes to eye drops, I'm on the pick side ;) My eyes are a bit on sensitive end of the scale and many drops I've tried in the past actually cause more irritation :0 There are some newer drops on the market too that boast purity & natural ingredients, but they are either super expensive or totally miss the mark! Then you have these new drops from Clear Eyes.
My fav out of the 2 preservative-free formulas, is the one specifically for multi-symptom. This is mostly due to my on-going allergy issues and the constant staring at multiple monitors at work for several hours daily. I tend to have allergy issues around Spring and through the entire Summer and one of the main things that seems to get effected is my eyes- they burn, itch, & constantly water :/
To make things worse, my eyes often dry out and get extremely tired for looking at 2+ screens on a daily basis! That's definitely what drew me to try these drops as I felt not only was I an excellent candidate, but I could also truly test their effectiveness. What I discovered from the first time that I used both the one for dry eyes and the multi-symptom relief, is that they were perfect. They have just the right consistency and they feel wonderful- there's no discomfort and I found them easy to get in with the fine-tip applicator/dropper.
The built-in purifier also prevents bacteria from getting in- which is why both of these drops are formulated without preservatives....they don't have to be ;) That's not all though- you also get 220 drops with the multi-symptom version and 240 drops with the version for dry eyes. This is about the closest thing to human tears that I've come across- I've seen a few that make this claim and fall quite short, but Clear Eyes really did a good job with these drops and ensured that they really do act and feel like your own tears.
I'm sure this has a lot to do with why they are one of the best eye drops I've found. My fiance gave these a try and loved them as well- he commented that he loved how comfortable his eyes felt after using them and the dryness he often experiences himself, was virtually gone after he used them. Overall, I ended up really liking these things and I've gotten a couple bottles stashed at my desk and other places around the house as a result ;)
- Get over 200 drops with either version offered [compared to that of a traditional single-use vile that contains around 60 drops!].
- First of it's kind- preservative free w/a built-in purifier in the bottle!
- Built-in bottle filter prevents bacteria from getting in :)
- Soft-squeeze bottle for ease-of-use and better drop control for effortless & achievable single drops!
- Per warning on the labeling: may cause temporary enlargement of pupils- I didn't notice this, nor did my fiance- but it is listed as a precaution.
- Not to be used if you have certain eye conditions- please consult your physician before using any eye drops or new products that go in the eyes, if you do have any pre-existing eye conditions.
- On average, about $3-6 more than many of the eye drops currently out on the market. You do get what you pay for though with these- they are worth the price!
One of the BEST eye drops that I've come across :) Your eyes will thank you!