Relieve Stress & Give Your Scalp a Break for Summer With These 5 Easy Tips:
- Try skipping out on the super hot water and really lengthy showers- this won't help your scalp or hair at all. The hot water & steam only tend to cause them both to dry out & also become irritated. Go for lukewarm or even cold water instead and try eliminating just a couple of minutes off of your total shower time.
- If possible, reduce your usage of hot tools and blow dryers as this will only amplify any irritation issues or a stressed scalp & hair! Instead of drying your hair with a tool that gets up to ultra-high temps. to achieve your style- go for a natural drying process. You can try applying a natural moisturizer and then scrunching spray or texturing product and this will leave your hair with natural beach waves look :) One of my fav's: Bumble and Bumble's Surf Infusion @ sephora.com $29.
- Adding a filtered shower head that provides filtering of debris, dirt, chlorine, and other harmful chemicals will also make a huge difference! Because of today's continual chemical treatments of our water for things like bacterial growth reduction, these ingredients are often introduced to the water before it even reaches our pipes. An affordable option to try: Bed Bath & Beyond's Sprite 7-Spray Filtered Handheld Showerhead in Chrome [currently on sale for $49.99!].
- Keep yourself well-hydrated & go for fruits and other foods that are rich in Vitamin's A, B, & C, iron, & zinc. Some of my top picks: Cantaloupe [90% water content + over 100% daily value of Vitamin A w/just 1 cup!]; Watermelon [92% water content & salts essential to help your body re-hydrate from the summer heat!]; Mangoes [excellent source of Vitamin's A & C + just around 140 calories per mango!]; Strawberries [92% water content w/high content of Vitamin B].
- Give your scalp and hair the ultimate treatment by going for a hair tool that's specifically designed with comfort in mind- without spending tons of cash doing it ;) You don't have to break the bank in order to find a decent brush that won't harm your scalp or hair- but it will leave your feeling relaxed and your scalp soothed! The Beauty Closet Recommends: the Revlon Perfect Style Soothing Sensation Brush collection. You can snag these awesome brushes for around $7.99 ea. at Target! Get the lowdown below:
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Perfect Style Soothing Sensations Paddle Brush
Perfect to addressing anti-static situations and unruly, frizzy hair- this is definitely the way to go. Not only is this brush ultra-comfortable to use, it's easy on your scalp and hair as well! I was very surprised at how comfortable and relaxing it was to brush my hair with this- I have a fairly sensitive head and scalp in general- but this didn't tug or pull, hurt, or cause pain.
Plus, I've noticed that no matter what kind of shape that my hair is in, it doesn't get tangled or caught up in my super thick & coarse hair- which is a really nice change! It's also very affordable and there are 2 versions available: one collection features a bright metallic blue finish with a rubber-like covering over the entire tool- OR you can go with the white finish [not pictured above]. I highly recommend this affordable brush for those with coarse, thick, long, &/or straight hair types!
Perfect Style Soothing Sensations
All Purpose Brush
Revlon's version of the classic styling brush, the All Purpose Brush from the Perfect Style Soothing Sensations collection- it's an inexpensive solution to keeping the perfect summer hair! If you've been on the hunt for a general, all-purpose brush that doesn't cost an arm-and-a-leg- this is the way to go :) This is one that works well for most hair types & lengths too!
Perfect Style Soothing Sensations Cushion Brush
This is a great brush for shorter hair styles and is the all-around comfort maker that it promises to be, as you will get nothing but ultimate relaxation with this brush from the same Revlon collection! If you're looking for an excellent & affordable brush that you can throw in your beach bag for on-the-go summer adventures, this is an excellent choice :) Each tip is covered with a ultra-comfortable coating that prevent it from hurting your head or scalp and instead, feels like a relaxing massage!