Quick & Easy Ways to Reduce Pores:
- Prevent them from getting clogged in the first place! Stick with an at least once-a-week exfoliator and a once-a-week clay mask; this will deeply penetrate pores and prevent blackheads & blemishes from forming- it will also reduce pore size!
- In spite of what it may seem, utilizing an oil-based cleanser will not only combat oil & dirt but it will aid in the reduction of pore size as well. Go for oils like Argan, Jojoba, Rosehip, & Tea Tree oils- these are all excellent natural cleansers that will also help fight acne and keep breakouts at bay :)
- Try a once-a-month glycolic acid at-home facial peel. This treatment will shrink pore size, smooth skin, & even skin tone. The best part about this treatment is that you get almost immediate results! Stick with a 5-10% solution, to avoid irritation or over-drying.
- When it comes to shimmery powders & bronzers, avoid applying the product on your entire face. Try applying it to the upper bridge of your nose, hairline, eyelids, & the tops of your cheekbones- this is where your pores are naturally smaller. For the remaining areas that contain larger pores, go with a matte foundation or concealer.
- When all else fails, use a product that can bring you instant results! Go for products that are perfect to utilize underneath or on top of makeup- or they can be worn without. Apply with a buffed-edge sponge or makeup brush. Looking for a fantastic product that really works? Check out The Beauty Closet's recommended product from Mally Beauty, below:
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Evercolor Poreless Face Defender
I'd heard a bit of buzz about this product some time ago, but I'd never taken the opportunity to give it a try for myself. I wish I had definitely given this product a chance until now- it turned out to be one of the best products I've come across for reducing pores, smoothing skin, and creating a fantastic matte finish- one that's normally uber-hard to achieve. This product takes all of the fuss, mess, and difficulty away-making you a pro almost effortlessly.
I swear this product is foolproof and comes in an easy-to-go, all-in-1 compact that includes a mirror and its own unique buff-edged Japanese sponge. You won't end up with a dry or ashy feel/look with this product AND it works well on top of your makeup or all on its own, if you so choose! What you do get is an ultra-lightweight formula that goes on sheer and feels smooth and featherweight as a result.
Your pore size will be reduced, fine lines will be minimized, and your makeup will last all day long too. I often notice the issue of my makeup not exactly staying put, during the summer- but this product prevents that from even occurring! Due to its colorless [universal shade] nature and that it doesn't cake on, almost any skin type or tone can benefit from the use of this product- without the worry of having an adverse reaction or not matching your skin tone ;)