In Between Trips to the Salon or Trying to Cover Grays?
Try These 5 Easy Tips:
- Replenish a dry scalp and locks by massaging a natural moisturizer like Argan, Grapeseed, & Jojoba oils. These natural hydraters will not only boost color, but they help encourage melanin cell growth. which is responsible for what naturally colors your hair :0 Avoid over-applying though, as too much oil can flatten your hair and cause color irregularities such as roots, to become enhanced.
- Start with how you are parting your hair: You can mix up the way that you normally part your hair and go for the opposite side, angle, or even try going to a zig-zag pattern,etc. This is a super quick & easy way to hide fading hair color or highlights- including gray!
- Utilize dry shampoo! Once you've applied your natural moisturizer and are ready to style your hair, apply a spray-on product- like a dry shampoo. Spray on in small sections, careful not to over-apply and while holding the can 6-8 " away from your hair/scalp. Once dried, brush through and cont. to style as you normally would. Your hair is now in the perfect condition to be styled, with an optimized texture that allows for easy styling =coverage/camouflage of grays & roots! - plus it hides excess grease, dirt, & oil that can only point out obvious root issues.
- Give yourself a voluminous, loose, textured hair style: start with the roots by adding a volume powder or mousse and then teasing at the roots too. You can use a medium-to-large barrel curling iron or extra large rollers to create even more bounce & volume. This kind of styling really aids in hiding root/gray issues.
- If all else fails...try an instant root touch-up product! A quick & easy way to get immediate results that quickly hide roots & gray. There are quite a few out there currently on the market though and it's easy to get caught up in finding the ones that are decent & affordable. I've come across one recently that fits that bill ;) Get the lowdown on Touch Back Instant Root Touch-Up Marker Applicator, below!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Instant Root Touch-Up
in Medium Brown
This is one of the most fool-proof, affordable root touch-up and gray instant cover-ups that I ever come across :) The wand comes ready-to-use with an snap-on cap and an included comb/guard. I found this little tool makes the process a cinch and prevent you from getting on your scalp & skin- plus it's teethed end will allow for a bit of combing through and teasing, once the product has been applied. It dries quite quickly and doesn't weigh your hair down, but it does do exactly what it promises.
I found it easy to clean up my fading highlights and showing roots in a snap: I start at my roots and make sure to place the comb behind each area where I want to apply the product and then make a few tiny strokes with the marker applicator. For gray hairs that may seem a bit on the stubborn side, try holding the marker on the section of hair for a few seconds and this will allow for a small additional amount of color to be applied. With 8 shades to choose from, there's a good chance you will find the perfect shade for your hair as well!
The great thing about this product in particular, is that it's only temporary and contains no ammonia or peroxide- so it won't harm your hair or scalp :) I also haven't noticed any flaking, residue, or rubbing off onto my clothing/skin- which is rare. Most similar products that I've tried in the past actually had all of those issues and often didn't last throughout the day, but TouchBack's Instant Root Touch-Up Marker Applicator gave me just the opposite results = LOVE! Plus, this is portable- making it the perfect on-the-go touch-up companion ;)