5 Simple Tips to a Fresh Mouth:
- It all starts with what you EAT!!! Why? Eating processed foods high in fats, sodium, & sugars can cause the byproducts of these foods to sit in your stomach and ferment [yuck!] and these odors will come back up, land on your esophagus, and even stick to your tongue! Try going to fresh veggies & greens, low-carb items, and foods low in fats- this promotes fresher breath & a cleaner mouth :)
- Want to clean your teeth throughout the day- even when you don't have access to a toothbrush or floss? Try a crunch & healthy snack like: apples, celery, & fresh carrots are natural "toothbrushes" that can aid in removing bacteria that get caught in between teeth.
- Avoid sports drinks, sodas, & coffee. These drinks only break down tooth enamel and are usually packed full of things like citric acid- which also happens to cause bad breath. Go for water instead and drink throughout the day! This definitely helps keep bacterial growth at bay.
- Don't forget your tongue! Try using a tongue scraper/brush in order to remove bacteria and prevent a yucky feeling, taste, and smell that can easily occur from this buildup of bacteria byproduct & plaque from your tongue.
- Brush, Floss, & Rinse every day! You can go for formulas that don't contain alcohols, sulfates, triclosan, glutens, or fluoride- not only will you notice less irritation and sensitivity, but you get peace of mind too ;) One of my fav's right now- Closys, provides a variety of products curated with safe ingredients that are gentle for anyone to use! Get the lowdown below:
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Fresh Breath Oral Spray
When it comes to breath sprays...I'm sure you are probably like myself- you've tried the gamut of the lot and most of them just aren't what they promise. You either end up with an expensive product that works okay or you can end up with an item that's cheap & calked full of ingredients you don't really want to put in your mouth, i.e. your body! Perhaps, they just simply don't work :(
Throw all of that out of the window with this oral spray from CloSYS! It's easy to use, portable, and curated with quality ingredients. Plus, it tastes great with no yucky aftertaste or overpowering feel! Formulated without alcohol, sugar, & pH balanced- you really get a quality product that you'll notice a difference with on the very first use :)
What really sets this product apart, is the unique non-aerosol pump spray that's combined with a patented formula containing Cloralstan. This awesome ingredient kills 99.9% of the germs that cause bad breath and it reduces this harmful bacteria by dissolving unwanted compounds! Perfect for almost anyone to use, it's an affordable alternative to the many options out there :)
Trial Size Intro Kit
If your interest was peaked with the above Fresh Breath Oral Spray from CloSYS, then this is a great starter kit for you to try. This great affordable starter set offers up a spray, a 4 oz. Original Unflavored Oral Rinse, a .75 oz. Anticavity Toothpaste, and Flavor Control Mint Oil drops. What's really cool about this kit, is that it allows you to control the intensity of the mint flavoring of the provided Oral Rinse. You can do this by dropping some of the mint oil drops into the rinse and then gentling shaking for a few seconds to ensure it's thoroughly mixed. I started by adding about 4 drops and increased the amount from there.
I found that by putting in about 10-12 drops, the intensity was what I was looking for [medium-strength]- you can choose whatever you want though. I would however recommend starting with just a couple and going up from there, since you can always add more. The rinse as a whole is wonderful- it doesn't hurt my mouth, teeth, or gums and leaves my mouth feeling moisturized and clean :)
The toothpaste is a LOT less-abrasive and it also doesn't hurt my teeth or mouth in general- that's a nice change from the usual toothpaste I use daily. As for the taste, it's light and minty, but not too overpowering either. If you're wanting to try something different that offers up affordability and is sans the yucky ingredients, this is an excellent starter kit. This one also makes a great back-to-school or travel gift too!