HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO TRY OUT A NEW & DRASTIC HAIR COLOR...?!
The newer trends for hair colors have really taken off this season and they definitely seem like a lot of fun! But if you're like me and a many women out there, you may not necessarily want to make such a drastic and big commitment- only have results that you aren't looking for at all. With the holidays fast approaching, these trends have throttled into full gear and I've been seeing them myself everywhere. Fortunately a few options available that aren't super costly and can still allow you go for a fun and different hair color, without all of the commitment!
There are 2 colors that really stuck out for me this winter and holiday season that I wanted to give a try- make sure to check those out below. As a little bonus, I've included a style of each hair color and a couple of simple & affordable products to help you achieve each look for yourself. The products are from SALON GRAFIX with a total cost of $10 :o Not only is it is a huge savings, but this is something that anyone can do- even if they don't consider themselves to be hair styling experts ;)
Purple/Deep Lavender All over Ombre Color or a few highlights
This is really technically 2 different looks but you can achieve both with the same product and color ;) If you aren't quite ready for a full-on color switch- even if it isn't exactly a permanent option, then placing a few choice highlights with the pop of this pretty color is a great alternative! Either way, this is definitely a fun and festive color that's sure to bring you in the holiday spirit. As you can see from the examples above, you don't have to commit fully to the color in order to achieve a beautiful and unique effect & style all your own!
Bold concentrated sparkle in metallic shades
I'm a big fan of metallics and all-that-sparkles in general so this look was right up my alley! There's been a lot of this seen on the runways and although it might need a little toning down for everyday life- it's perfect for the holidays or for attending a fun seasonal party :)
You can go for a look that is concentrated at the roots as pictured the rt. or you can try out just a bit of concentrated sparkle at the ends- or even choose just a section of hair from root to ends to apply tons of metallic glitz to.
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS TO ACHIEVE THESE FUN LOOKS:
#25 Punky Purple
This is a really fun color that turns out just as the color on the top and front indicate! It's a very pretty deep purple that actually looks great on lighter and darker hair colors. What I like about this spray is that it's only $5 and doesn't last forever- in fact it easily washes out with just one wash.
I found in fact that it only took a regular washing of my hair to get this product fully out- with no problems! It didn't flake after wearing it all day which was also a big plus.
I've tried a couple of other similar products and they didn't provide such a deep & pigmented color and they didn't really stay all day. Those issues didn't appear at all with this product from SALON GRAFIX and it was half the price :)
#92 Multi Glitter
The Multi Glitter color pictured above is really fool-proof. You can't really apply this product and it just look bad, plus it's a lot of fun :) This is a great and inexpensive way to add a little glam to your routine for going out or attending a holiday function. You can concentrate this spray and utilize the trend that I showed above with areas a thickly focused glitter if you want and really push the envelope on a new look. If that's not your style, go for a light spritzing over your entire head and this will leave a nice shimmer that goes with any outfit. It's only temporary, so what have you got to lose for $5 right?!
QUICK SPRAY-ON HAIR COLOR TIPS:
- I highly suggest making sure to wear a shirt that you may not care too much for or don't mind getting dye on- this can stain your clothes. A super easy and quick fix: don a snap-on cape used for hair styling or dying and then there are no worries!
- Start with clean AND dry hair! If you want the dye to have something to grab onto well and to avoid flaking, go for freshly cleansed hair.
- Hold the can about 10 inches from hair and use short, quick bursts. You can hold the can closer, but keep in mind that the closer you hold it, the more thickly concentrated it will be as a result.
- Use clips or hair bands to keep back hair that you do not want to be colored.
- Ensure that the area you are using to apply the product is well-ventilated and allows for you to keep it out of your face and eyes!
- Let the product dry for at least 5 minutes before further styling. This will help the product set well and will keep it off of your clothes and skin as well.