LIP ISSUES DURING THE WINTER?
I've noticed during the winter my lips do tend to suffer from the elements and I can actually find them chapped with just a couple of hours of exposure! The wind and cold can definitely take its toll when it comes to your skin and your lips during these colder months, but there are some things you can do to prevent these issues too! Make sure to check out my simple tips to save your lips below :)
SIMPLE TIPS FOR GREAT LIPS DURING WINTER:
1. Drink enough water! This one seems obvious, but many of us tend to drink less of it during the winter months without realizing. With all of the hot and cold seasonal drink offerings, it's easy to skip drinking water as often as we should.
2. Try avoiding foods high in salt content or that are super spicy, as consuming these will cause your lips to become dry, inflamed, & chapped.
3. If you can, skip the exposure outside- especially during harsh winter weather like high winds and blistering winter storms. This is of course sometimes unavoidable. Wrap yourself up well, covering the bottom half of your face too! Utilize a warm scarf and wrap it around :)
4. Wear lip protection- go for a balm or jelly product that contains SPF in the formula as well.
5. Add a humidifier to the mix! This helps in keeping a good balance of moisture in the air, while spending it indoors. Stick with no more than 50% or you will risk other issues such as bacterial growth!
6. If you tend to lick your lips often, try reducing this greatly! Why? Continual licking of you lips encourages your saliva to rob even more moisture from your already-dry lips :/
7. Go for lip color in liquid for- i.e. skip on using lipstick! I've found these really do tend to dry out my lips even more during the winter. Stick with more liquid and whipped formulas that specialize in hydration :) One of my fav's right now: Lancome's Lip Lover in "Berry-Pink"
THE BEAUTY CLOSET RECOMMENDS:
I love the easy-on formula and feel of this product on my lips! It has just the right amount of liquid feel of a lipgloss and the pigmentation and color of a lipstick- all in one product :) The second you apply this product, your lips will feel smooth and hydrated. I've also noticed that it tends to last a lot longer than some of the glosses I've tried that claim to bring awesome color in addition to glossy hydration. Unfortunately, many of these products have fallen quite short for me, but I didn't have those issues with this Lip Lover from Lancome :) It's a tad bit pricier than some, but I can tell you that the quality is there to make the price worth it!