BUSY FOR THE SEASON?!
I'm right there with you! ;) By this time things have really ramped up around here at home- final grades are coming in for the semester for my fiance & I- the kiddo is also nearing his first half of the year in high school :0 With my last-minute shopping schedule on top of it and managing the household, there's not much time or cash remaining for new beauty buys.
That can pose its challenges during the holiday season- especially if you're wanting to give your skincare & beauty routine a little glitz and glam. Even if you're not going to attend a holiday party or function- or enjoy family get-togethers for the season, you might just want to get into the spirit of things too! So what's a girl to do?! The Beauty Closet has come to your rescue ;) Check out my top 5 simple tips to get ready for holiday season- without breaking the bank.
5 EFFORTLESS & INEXPENSIVE TIPS TO GET READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS:
- Get your skin season-ready with a good exfoliant that will leave your skin polished, smooth, & radiant. Try: Clinique's 7-Day Scrub Cream Rinse- this product comes in a .5 oz size for only $7.50 and it does what it says- for under $10 :)
- Take the approach from the inside-out and add an awesome supplement to your daily routine. A natural cleanse will not only help boost metabolism, but aid in improving skin's health & glow too! Check out my top pick: HUM Cleanse to the Rescue 3 Day Cleanse- this fantastic item is ONLY $12 and contains natural ingredients.
- Hydrate your skin, preventing the signs of aging and weather exposure- like dry and chapped skin, with a brightening & moisturizing mask :) One of my fav's that doesn't cost an arm-and-a-leg: Boscia Sake Brightening Hydrogel Mask- @ only $8 ea. you can afford to snag a couple more of these awesome masks [there are other options to choose from too!]. I LOVE the results in radiance and skin health that you get with just one of these masks!
- Add a cute hair accessory to the mix ;) This is an affordable way to give a little glitz to your hair style, without spending tons of cash! What I'm loving right now: ModCloth's Change the Rules Hair Comb for ONLY $10.99- this is at a 25% discount :)
- You can switch up your look in under a couple of minutes by changing your eye color! I love this concept because it allows for you to have fun and create a style/look that's all your own. Turns out, they're super affordable at just under $20 too! The Beauty Closet recommends: SpookyEyes Violet 3 Tone Contact Lenses [#82501]. See my review of these below!
THE BEAUTY CLOSET RECOMMENDS:
Spooky Violet 3 Tone
Contact Lenses [pair]
*on SALE at: spookyeyes.com!
For starters, I had no experience when it comes to contact lenses. I was fortunate to be blessed with perfect vision and have not had the need for them, however I have always wanted to try them out for cosmetic purposes. As a blue-eyed gal, I've always thought that it would be fun to change my eye color to something completely different and fun. There were definitely a lot of ways I could have gone with this, but I ultimately narrowed my choices down to either a beautiful, unique green or a pretty purple.
These are disposable soft contact lenses with a 90-day life span- this doesn't begin though until you open the sealed packaging that contains each lens separately. If you want to order these for the future, they have a 4 year shelf-life unopened :) The water content of 42% means you're getting a decent quality and each sealed lens is contained in buffered isotonic saline, manufactured with EU Cosmetics Directives for top-notch safety in mind. I found that they weren't actually that difficult to get in either eye, although it was a bit more of a challenge for the left eye and took a couple of more attempts.
The reason might be that I chose to place a lens in my right eye first and it was still adjusting to the difference and introduction of something else in my eye. I didn't however, find that they were annoying- just something that I had to get used to wearing and moving my eyes around for a few minutes. The included instructions do advise to store your lenses once opened, in a lens storage container and in contact lens solution. I would highly advise to ensure that you have a bottle of solution and container beforehand so that you may remove that lenses at your convenience as the instructions also state to avoid sleeping in these lenses or wearing them overnight.
I would also agree- which is why I chose to purchase these items before my shipment arrived; I didn't have to spend above $8 total for both additional items as I was able to snag them as a start-up kit at my local grocery store. Most store brands have contact lens solution and storage items that are super affordable! As for wearing them, I was really surprised at how easy they are to have on- even for extended periods of time. I have very sensitive eyes to begin with, so I was a little skeptical that I would love them- it turns out they were super easy to wear and I ended up loving them :)
The color is beautiful and I like how they turned out- the color was just what I was looking for! I can change my whole look in a snap and it's opened up new style avenues for unique makeup looks as well. If you've been seeking a unique way to update your look for the holidays- this is a very affordable way to do it...plus, this makes an awesomely inexpensive seasonal gift too! Looking for some different options? Make sure to check out some of my top picks below from the Color Contacts collection at SpookyEyes! There are also many more collections to choose from like: Cat Eye Contacts, White Contacts, and more.