USE THESE 6 EASY TIPS TO FRESHEN EYES:
- Eat, drink, & sleep well! This may seem super obvious, however these are often overlooked. When you don't sleep very well, you will end up with puffiness and even dark circles. When eating properly and avoiding foods high in sodium [salt] content and carbs, you will aid in reducing swelling and water retention.
- Take the natural approach! There are quite a few out there, but these are my top 3 that I also feel are the most effective: cold cucumber slices- take a few freshly-cut thin slices and either freeze them or place them in the fridge for a few minutes and then lay down and place over your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes; tea bags- freeze or place a couple of used tea bags in your fridge overnight and then place them over your lids for 5-7 minutes; chill an uncooked potato and then cut in super thin slices and place over your eyes for up to 10 minutes.
- In a hurry?! Grab 2 large metal soup spoons and throw in the freezer for 5 minutes. Lay over you eyes for a couple of minutes for an almost-instant pick-me-up :) You can even repeat this process 2-3 times for better results! Not only is this super easy, but it's a fool-proof method that actually works.
- Before applying your makeup, dot on a light-weight yellow-tinted moisturizer OR you can try out a yellow-tinted concealer to help reduce under eye circles. Follow this by extra coats of mascara on the bottom lashes and brightener in the inner-corners of the eyes to brighten and widen the eyes.
- Utilize a product that contains Vitamin C, Caffeine [i.e. coffee], Retinoids, hyaluronic acid, and humectants like glycerin- these will improve moisture retention and increase volume loss around the eyes. Make sure not to overdo it and go easy on applying these products- especially when it comes to those containing Retinoids, as they may end up causing more irritation and do more harm than good :/
- If all else fails- use a product that will give you instant results and takes a natural approach as well. Sometimes we simply don't have enough rest, eat the right foods, or it just seems we aren't able to apply enough makeup to do the trick... thankfully there are a few products out there that can help out ;) Try: Origins GinZing. Check out The Beauty Closet's lowdown on this awesome item below!
Refreshing Eye Cream
What I love about this product is the instant results you will get with just the first usage! The coffee beans, Geinseng, and Magnolia extract combination allows for maximum response within a minimal time. In my opinion, this is one of the best products out on the market currently that will immediately reduce the look of tired eyes, bags, and under-eye circles and leaves your eyes looking refreshed and vibrant.
The great part is, you can do this in under 2 minutes and this product works beautifully without OR underneath makeup! If you've been seeking the "holy-grail" of undereye brightening products, then you've found the one with Origins GinZing :) This one-of-a-kind product really brings true results and it won't irritate your skin either! The only drawback I could honestly find was the price-point and to be honest, I'm willing to pay it- considering its effectiveness.