EVER TRIED A HAIR DIFFUSER?
This unique hair tool has only been around for about 3 decades- one of the first U.S. patents for a hair-dryer diffuser attachment for "spreading and reducing the speed of air flow from the dryer nozzle, trap hot air and the dryer cuts off due to overheating". The hair diffuser is the perfect solution for creating gorgeous curls that are soft, frizz-free, and defined. It's also great for giving your hair a nice "wave" or to amp up naturally curly hair :) One of the secrets to this awesome tool is that it's unique design allows for a reduction in air temperature that's hitting your hair directly, over a larger area. Don't forget to check out The Beauty Closet's simple tips for diffuser usage, plus- get the lowdown on Bed Head's Curlipops Ionic Diffuser below :)
SIMPLE HAIR DIFFUSER TIPS:
- Start with a good styling product- like a frizz reduction cream, mousse, or serum and focus on the ends of your hair! Leave-in conditioners however, can be left out of the equation for those with wavy hair as they tend to weigh your hair down :(
- Make sure that you let your hair dry at least 50%, up to 80%; this will reduce frizz and help define curls.
- Try flipping your head over and diffusing sections of your hair, while you are upside down :0 This will give some added volume and allow for you to reach difficult layers/areas with the diffuser.
- Put hair into small sections, using clips and then scrunch the section up while placing it into the tool.
- Avoid utilizing a pick, comb, or brush or you will end up with a "mess" and frizz :/ Go for using your fingers to separate curls and at the roots to shake your hair and loosen curls!
THE BEAUTY CLOSET'S RECOMMENDED HAIR TOOL OF THE SEASON:
Tourmaline Ionic Diffuser Dryer
This awesome diffuser dryer from BedHead is not only affordable and effective, but stylish too! The unique design and colors give it an extra dose of fun that's easy to appreciate. With over 1875 Watts, Tourmaline Ionic Technology, 3 heat levels, and 2 speed options- this inexpensive hair tool makes diffusing a cinch ;)
It doesn't weigh a ton and has a long enough cord to allow for you to get to hard-to-reach-areas. What's great about this model in particular, is that it gets hot enough and utilizes Tourmaline tech in order to achieve lushes locks...without frizz! The Pink Finger Diffuser piece is removable too and that means you can reduce airflow and change up your styling if you so choose!
The cool shot feature gives you the added benefit of locking in your curls and giving hair ultimate shine & smoothness. I would recommend this diffuser for most hair types- it won't break the bank, works like it should, and has a cute design that gives a fun twist :) You will LOVE this one!