5 Effortless Ways to Protect Your Skin from Sun Damage:
- Don't forget your eyes! An easy fix? Wear a stylish pair of shades or apply a sun-protection eye cream about 30 mins. before exposure. This will prevent sun spots, lines/wrinkles, and damage to your eyes & the skin surround them.
- Protect your ears, scalp, & head from sun damage by wearing a hat! Go for a wide-brimmed hat that covers your face, ears, and neck if possible, preventing possible sun damage, skin cancer, and discoloration.
- Want to prevent your hair color from fading due to sun exposure and stop sun damage to your hair as well? Try a sun-protection hair spray or oil: One of my fav's: Sun Bum's Beach Formula Shine-On for around $20 provides UV-protection, shine, and prevents color-fading!
- Your feet shouldn't be forgotten either! The fix? Apply a water-resistant sun-protection product to the feet at least 30 mins. prior to exposure so that it will stay put- even through splashing & sweat!. Be sure to re-apply every 1-2 hrs. if ongoing exposure to water as well.
- Watch out for certain drugs that can cause photosensitivity such as: tetracycline, diuretics, and some herbal compounds like St. John's Wort. If you have questions about a particular ingredient or drug, speak with a medical professional or pharmacist.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Immune Shield Vitamin E Serum
This awesome serums is rich in antioxidants, peptides, and lipids that softens and smooths your skin by helping your skin build its own natural barrier. What's great about this serum, is that it's perfect for applying as an after-sun product to help address dry, parched skin & redness. It also promotes healing & protects skin from scaring with Vitamin E power! Composed of 100% plant-based ingredients and great for almost any skin type- even sensitive skin, you can use this serum to keep your skin looking and feeling younger- with a more even skin tone, improved texture & smoothness, & even clearer skin! How?
The bio-active formulated Vitamin E provides anti-inflammatory properties and aids in reducing acne issues :) As an added bonus, this fantastic serum is recommended for use in reducing scars, in addition to the treatment & prevention of scars! Apply after taking a shower, re-applying daily for best results. There's no sticky residue or annoying scent- what you do get is: whole oat oil, Diakon Radish seed oil, Sea buckthorn oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, Olive Squalane, & Carrot seed oil = a fabulous skincare product :)