Why Is Retinol Still One of the Top Anti-Aging Ingredients?
- Retinol or Vitamin A1 is one of the primary components of certain types of skin cells and aid in mucus secretion & proper functioning of epithelial cells. This helps improve the health of the skin and can even improve acne-prone skin when applied in a retinoid form topically to the skin.
- Retinoids have been used since Ancient Egyptian times to heal a variety of ailments. The Egyptians used these substances to treat "night blindness". It's importance was once again discovered and utilized as a treatment for soldiers in World War I.
- The latest research has led way to some of the newest and best Retinoids on the market. The newest Retinoids contains a high concentration of anti-inflammatory activity, making them the perfect candidates for the treatment of psoriasis and other challenging skin conditions.
- Several studies have been conducted which have proven Retinol to be an effective treatment for the signs of photo-aging. Fine wrinkles were also improved, with increased levels of new collagen formation after 6 months of application.
- Want to improve your skin's texture & appearance? A study of 2004 studied the effects of a high strength solution and the results were extremely promising- all the women in the study experienced an improvement in: fine lines/wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, & smoothness.
- It's cost effective! According to The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average facelift  has a whopping $6,500+ price-tag! :0 Besides the risks, costs, & too many more reasons to mention...Retinol is a fabulous alternative that's WAY more affordable and doesn't require you to go under the knife!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Now when it comes to Retinol, I do have to be careful in general. Why? My skin is super sensitive and it can have some adverse effects if I apply any Retinol-containing product to my skin on a daily basis. It can be over-drying, cause redness, & burning- if I apply to often. I did continue with my normal approach of every couple of days for application with this product as well, although I'm confident I could "step it up" a bit on the usage if I wanted as I haven't had any issues with this one at all :)
What I have noticed already after just a couple of weeks of application, was a noted improvement on the fine lines, puffiness, circles, & smoothness around and underneath my eye area. It's non-greasy & easily, quickly absorbs into the skin immediately following application and it can be worn alone or underneath your makeup too! :) I highly recommend this one!!!
Deep Wrinkle Serum
*target.com, Walmart, & Walgreen's pricing!
At this fantastic pricing, I was hesitant I would get the results that I've gotten with this product as there are quite a few anti-aging products out there that don't meet up to their claims. However, Roc Skincare did an excellent job of creating a quality, inexpensive product that actually reduces the pesky signs of aging like dullness, firmness, fine lines, photodamage, and deeper lines/wrinkles.
I saw a decent improvement in all of these conditions and I was surprised that I started seeing results within the first few days of application. I apply this product around my mouth, forehead, and neck areas 3-4 times a week and I've had no issues with over-drying or irritation. This is one that's great for almost any skin type too!