Trying to Keep a Beautiful Glow? Try These 5 Sunless Product Application Tips:
- It all starts with your skin! Make sure that it's been properly exfoliated, for starters. For a quick natural DIY treatment: mix a bit of honey, sugar, a few drops of natural oil like Coconut or Olive oil and then gently apply & rub into the skin- then rinse.
- Make sure that your skin is completely dry before applying any type of sunless tanning product! This will ensure that your skin absorbs the product evenly and that it will penetrate more deeply into the skin as well- giving you a longer-lasting sunless glow :)
- Apply a moisturizer to your freshly exfoliated & towel-dried skin, which will prevent over-saturation in various areas. This allows for a lightweight, even application of the sunless tanning product.
- Use gloves or a sunless tanning application glove that's specifically designed to apply these types of products. Not only will you get better results, there will be less mess & staining on your hands, a reduced application time, & a less waste of the product :)
- Let the formula completely dry! This is key! Why? First, you don't want to stain your clothing, furniture, car, or bed. Secondly, the transfer of product means it's coming off of your skin too and that means that your beautiful sunless glow won't be lasting as long either :( Whatever the instructions advise, double that number: i.e. it takes up to 15 mins. to dry- then give it 30 total minutes of drying time. You can follow this by lightly dusting baby powder or another talc-free powder of your choice before putting on your clothing or going to bed, for added protection of the product transferring.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Dancing With The Stars
Endurance Color Boosting Skin Perfector
Not only does this wonderful product extend sunless tanning products and your existing sunless glow, but it's great for applying all on its own as a buildable product that can be applied daily to skin for a gradual glow. This layerable shade is also perfect for sensitive and fair skin, so you won't end up a fake-looking or orangish color or clogged pores. It's also great at tightening, softening hydrating, and smoothing the skin too :) Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Cranberry extract, and Marula seed oil boost the formula to the next level!
Another thing to note: Don't let the dark brown product color scare you- it's not as dark as it appears, once it's applied and rubbed in. I like using my sunless tanning application mitt to apply this and the color is a nice natural-looking glow that's pretty rare for me to achieve with super-fair skin! The light, pleasant cabana-like scent is something that almost anyone can appreciate and the easy-to-use squeeze tube means less mess :) As an added bonus- brighten & even your skin tone too!