7 Easy Mascara Tips & Tricks:
- Want to prevent the dreaded "raccoon eyes"?! When applying each coat, be sure to lay down a small folded piece of toilet paper, regular writing paper, or a spoon underneath your eye/over your lid. This will prevent mascara from getting onto the skin from application :)
- Fill a small cup halfway with warm to hot water and place your mascara inside for up to 2 minutes before you're ready to use. This not only loosens up the formula and makes it more manageable & thinner, it will go on like an absolute dream!
- Plump up your lashes in a snap by dusting colorless powder over lashes after one coat of mascara and then follow with an additional coat of your mascara. You'll see an instant boost in lash volume with this easy trick ;)
- Use a hair dryer to warm up your eyelash curler for a few seconds, right before going to curl each side. Be careful to check the curler before using as it can burn your skin if it's too warm! You will get a beautiful, bold, & long-lasting curl with this awesome technique.
- I've discovered that the tiny baby toothbrushes work wonders when it comes to getting out mascara clumps in lashes. Easily de-clump by combing through your lashes with a clean toothbrush [a baby-sized version works best due to the tininess that works well with small lashes & will fit in your makeup bag!].
- Need to line your eyes on-the-go or in a hurry? Mascara can also double as eye liner! Take an eyeliner brush and dip in your mascara tube or dab your freshly-dipped mascara wand on your eyeliner brush and then use to line your upper or lower lash line :)
- Want to get the perfect angle to widen your eyes and create a volumized, lifted look? Gently bend your mascara brush so that it's horizontal to the wand. It might seem a bit on the scary side, but this unique trick makes maneuvering your wand super easy & achieving ultimate lash volume in a cinch.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
More is More Mascara in Black
I'm uber picky when it comes to mascaras, but I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to love this one from Mally Beauty, before I even gave it a try! ;) Why? I've snagged a few Mally Beauty products in the past and discovered their awesome quality products, so I knew there was a good chance I was going to love their newest mascara too! I was right in my assumptions and this has become one of my latest daily top mascaras since it arrived.
One thing I really love about it, is the well-designed wand that not only lifts the lashes to give good definition, volume, & length- but it also allows for you to utilize it vertically to separate & finish your lash look :) What you get is volumized & defined lashes that are bold and beautiful- without flaking or clumping! I love the ultimate drama that you can achieve with Mally's More is More Mascara. It's currently only available in "black", but I found it to be quite complimentary, despite it being a bit darker than the regular mascara shades I normally pick out.