Little-Known Pumpkin Facts:
- Most commercially-produced & canned pumpkin products & pie fillings are actually composed of different types of winter squash :0
- In some parts of the world, pumpkin can refer to any type of squash or winter squash and in Canada and the U.S. it's normally known as the particular round orange winter squash variety.
- Pumpkins can range in color from orange, yellow, dark green & white.
- Almost all parts of the Pumpkin are edible, including: the fleshy shell, seeds, leaves, and even its flowers!
- The world's heaviest Pumpkin weighs in at 2,009 lbs. in 2012 by a person in the Massachusetts Topsfield Fair.
- They happen to be good for you: (nutritional value per 100 g) with a high nutritional content [DV] of Vitamin A [52%], beta-carotene [29%], Vitamin C [11%], and a 92% water content. It's low in calories and contains a ton of other great nutrients and vitamins :)
- Native Americans have use Pumpkin in folk medicine for centuries to cure ailments such as IBS. The Chinese have also used Pumpkin seeds to treat a parasitic disease in traditional Chinese medicine, for years.
What the Pumpkin Can Do for Skin:
- Want to regulate oil and reduce breakouts with acne-prone, oily skin? Try Pumpkin seed oil! Packed full of antioxidants like Zinc and Vitamins such as Vitamin E [that are high in essential fatty acids]- you'll improve skin health, reduce oil production, and keep breakouts at bay :)
- Treat hyperpigmentation & skin dullness with the power of the Pumpkin! As they have decent amounts of beta-carotene & lutein. Get back your skin's luminosity & even out brown spots, sun spots, & pigmentation issues.
- Since the Pumpkin also contains Vitamins A & C, improve & prevent the signs of aging & photo-aging, & skin texture. Get more cell turnover, better smoothness, & increased brightening too!
- Natural moisturize skin and provide a hydrating barrier that locks moisture in :) Natural enzymes contained in the Pumpkin dissolve dead skin and the fatty acids & Vitamins help protect and lubricate.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
This pumpkin-based toner does just what it promises: reduces my enlarged pores, gently exfoliates, & improves the overall health of my skin. It smells great too! There's a slight tingling sensation immediately following application, however it only lasts a few seconds and it's not uncomfortable- I find it refreshing on my skin. I've noticed that my skin's clarity/breakouts has also improved and softness as well.
I'm a big fan of PCAskin products for their quality products that actually work and this awesome Nutrient Toner falls right into that list :) Perfect for dry, oily, normal, & combination skin types almost anyone can use this to improve their skin's appearance. This one's also great for preventing and reducing the visible signs of aging!