The Sad but True Breast Cancer Facts:
- Only lung cancer has a higher death rate than that of breast cancer in women. In fact, there were over 40,000 deaths due to breast cancer in women in 2015 [U.S.]
- A woman in the U.S. has a 1 in 8 chance of developing breast cancer in her lifetime. This has decreased however from the 1970's, when a woman's chance in the U.S. was 1 in 11.
- Risk factors include: Age, family history, alcohol consumption, obesity, radiation exposure, high hormone levels, fertility drugs, breast tissue density, & tobacco use.
- Typically, there are often no signs or symptoms with breast cancer- especially in its early stages when the tumor is smaller. This is also the time in which it can be most easily treated, which is why following recommended screening guidelines is vital!
- In 2015, there were over an estimated 231,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer diagnosed in U.S. women.
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Pink Heroes Limited Edition
Contribute to a good cause and snag a trendy, cute, & easy way to style hair too! This little unique hair tool has made a comeback with Invisibobble, in a fun & affordable way ;) Invisibobble recently came out with this Limited Edition option just in time to show support for the month of October & the spread of Breast Cancer Awareness! I love that this ultra cute Limited Edition Invisibobble doubles as an adorable bracelet too!
I'm a huge fan of this inexpensive hair tool as it reduces headaches, can get wet and doesn't harbor bacteria or dirt, prevents creasing on the hair while also providing a strong grip, and retain their shape. Their also curated with a revolutionary resin-type substance that's easy to clean and doesn't wear out easily. If this pearlized version isn't your style, Invisibobble comes in a variety of other fun shades and shapes like- Mint To Be, Something Blue, Trolls [clear silver glitter], You're Golden, Rose Muse, & Pinking of You.