5 Simple Tips to Get Your Hair Winter-Ready:
- Start with a fresh trim with a trip to your stylist! I love going into my stylist around October/November each year before the Winter months appear. I usually go for warmer shades with my highlights and a 3-5" trim in order to remove split ends and damage.
- Try a deep-penetrating mask or hair treatment that aids in repairing scalp & hair damage. Leave in for 20 mins and wrap a hot towel [heat w/clothes dryer or hair dryer] or sit under a heat/shower cap with a steamer. Then rinse the treatment, following with a rinse of cold water to help seal cuticles.
- Scope out and snag up at least 3 fav new winter hats or cover-ups for your head! I love picking up the latest cute new winter styles :) Plus, you're also protecting your scalp, head, & hair from the elements. This is something that is often forgotten during the winter, but the Sun's damaging rays can still reach us here on Earth and that goes for your scalp/head too!
- Give a new hair trend a try! One really hot hair trend at the moment involves "hair stenciling" in which a stencil is simply placed on the desired spot and then the color is applied using a brush or sponge. Non-permanent colors make this an easy trend to pull off without stressing the hair and it allows for frequent change of the style without the fuss!
- Skip the lightweight formulas that many of the summer hair care products boast and go for ultra-whipped heavyweights and natural oils like Marula, Avacado, & Sunflower seed extracts. These oils can promote healthy, shiny, & strong hair for Winter that banish the dull, lifeless hair that occurs with the colder months. Instead, utilize a daily leave-in formula that promotes hydration & softness :) Looking for such a product? Get the lowdown on one of The Beauty Closet's fav daily hair care products from Marula Pure Beauty Oil, below:
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Marula Pure Beauty Oil
Daily Moisture Mist Leave-In Conditioning Heat Protector
Marula Pure Beauty Oil's main aim is to provide the highest quality, natural beauty and hair care products that not only brings us awesome top-notch products but provides sustainability for women & their families residing in Africa. The company even works in collaboration with communities that harvest the company's quality Marula oil, to bring schools & other enrichment programs :)
As for this fantastic product, it's a great daily moisturizer that won't weigh your hair down or leave it looking & feeling greasy. It has a nice, light scent and sprays on in a ultra-fine mist. You can apply this one to either dry or wet hair and it's great for application before utilizing heat styling tools. Marula's Daily Moisture Mist doesn't have to be rinsed out and can be applied in a snap- which makes it a great option if you need to get a quick pick-me-up throughout the day to rejuvenate hair, tame frizz, & detangle.