Winter Taking a Toll on Your Skin? Use These 5 Tips to
- The harsh winter environment can cause your skin to become dry and stressed and an easy way to combat this is to sleep with a humidifier. Try using each night, turning on right before bedtime.
- Regulate skin hydration by utilizing an oil-based daily facial cleanser. Even oily & acne-prone skin can benefit from this cleansing routine in the winter as it aids in balancing oil production.
- Boost your beauty regimen by adding a product containing Retinol & Vitamin C. Go for a day serum infused with Vitamin C & try using a Retinol serum for the overnight hours. These 2 ingredients will aid in preventing the signs of aging and overall skin health- especially during the harsh winter months.
- Treat your skin to a weekly pick-me-up with a once-a-week exfoliating at-home treatment that will remove dead skin and reveal luminous, soft, & smooth skin- despite Winter's effects. Give this easy DIY recipe a try: mix 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, 1 tsp. of honey, 1/2 a tsp. of Argan or Olive oil, & 1 tsp. freshly-grated [finely] grapefruit or lemon peel.
- Go for a skin illuminating product that banishes dull skin and reveals luminous, glowing skin- despite the unforgiving winter environment. I love a daily skin-evening treatment or serum and apply it every morning. One of my fav's: Christie Brinkley
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Christie Brinkley Authentic Skincare Inlighten
Spot Corrector & Brightening Serum + IR Defense
If you want an effective skin brightening treatment that will leave your skin soft, smooth, and luminous- but it won't clog pores, leave behind yucky residue, or cause over-drying....this is THE product for you :) I'm a big fan of Christie Brinkley products because they actually work! I love the bottle and application design- the nicely crafted metallic bottle has a built-in hidden dropper. With a simple depress of the button atop the bottle's lid, you can easily get out the wanted amount of product- without getting it all over the place.
When it comes to wasting products- especially serums for example, I'm all about items that try to prevent waste by providing well-designed containers suited just for that purpose! I have super sensitive skin and I haven't had any issues with daily usage, which I've experienced in the past with similar products. What I have noticed is a noted improvement in my skin's texture, health, luminosity, and evenness in tone- I started seeing these improvements within the first couple of days of daily application. This is one that I would highly recommend :)